Mock Trial (fmaa2)

***

We have seen what the Creepypasta Squad were up to, so it is about time we explained where the JR trio has gone.

As I explained in earlier one-shots, Dream is a lawyer but as a workaholic he decided that he was not suffering enough and is also a teacher.

Ink and Finch are both students of Dream even though Ink and Dream see each other as friends more than anything, Ink is in his latest year.

Dream's relationship with Finch is... yeah basically he's his dad.

You'll get it as you read this.

***

Warnings: Triggered PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), repressed gender dysphoria at one point, discussions of modern slavery and child abuse basically, Finch also loses his eye at one point.

Synopsis: "I will send you all the details about the mock trial and the fake evidence that would be used during it. Only a handful of you would be able to participate and I trust that you will settle this matter among yourselves."

Then, he glanced at Finch with a hint of worry. "Also, you are totally entitled to choose not to participate if you feel strongly about the topic."

***

"We'll be having a mock trial next week." Dream announced at the end of the class, gathering his papers. "The topic would be quite the difficult subject as it involves modern slavery."

A few groaned at that. "What?! That is the most complex one! There are so many topics, of all of them why this one?"

Finch, however, seemed to be glued to his words; hands curled into fists that rested on the desk as he stared into the teacher. He had been waiting for this, taking this kind of case was why he went for a law degree in the first place.

He noticed his fist shaking and he frowned at them, holding one with the other.

That is what he was here for, he could take it just fine.

Dream ignored the commotion created by the topic and continued. "I will send you all the details about the mock trial and the fake evidence that would be used during it. Only a handful of you would be able to participate and I trust that you will settle this matter among yourselves."

Then, he glanced at Finch with a hint of worry. "Also, you are totally entitled to choose not to participate if you feel strongly about the topic."

He turned back toward the rest of the class, the student pretending not to have noticed the staring. "If you have any questions, you are free to ask me while I'm still here, we have quite some time before the bell rings."

Used to Finch always bombarding the professor with questions, the other students crossed their arms, waiting for Dream's usual 'Yes, Finch?'

However, it never came.

"Very well, you are free to leave then." Dream dismissed them, a handful of people turning a wide-eyed face toward Finch, who did his best to ignore the stares.

It was fine, perfectly fine.

***

Finch was just on his way to get lunch when he suddenly overhead a conversation between other students. "Professor Von Licht's comment was definitely directed at Finch." One of them stated with disdain, causing Finch to freeze.

"Well, duh!" The other one replied, rolling their eyes. "He was definitely looking at him when he said that. Cannot see the point by the way, it is just a mock trial, it's no big deal. Does he think he is some sort of baby or something?"