II - Truth or Dare (Dreammare)

Warning: Description of Dream suffering because of... something-

This is a mix of both crack and fluff, enjoy.

***

It was currently 2 pm or an hour after Nightmare broke down the entrance door to pieces before launching himself at Dream like a grenade. 5 minutes after his emotional outburst, Nightmare processed what he had done and his pride shattered in seconds, eyes widening in horror at the realization.

Dream had laughed at the reaction, succeeding in pissing the living out of Nightmare. He needed to find a way to get revenge but how—

Oh never mind, he got an idea.

"Heeeey Dream?" He called, spacing out the first word as he sneaked closer to the latter, who had his mind focused on a novel. "Wanna play a game?"

"I know that tone." Dream said, not getting his eyes off the page he was reading. "You're planning to stir trouble again."

Nightmare scoffed, crossing his arms as his face twisted into a pout. "Excuse you, I'm a very innocent man." The 'unlike what your future self thinks' part was left unsaid, a ghost thought wandering in his mind. He didn't need to confuse that Dream more than he already was.

"Mhm." Dream fake acquiesced, not even bothering to put his thoughts into words anymore, too caught up in the story.

Nightmare took offense to that and almost immediately snatched the book from the other's grip, who took a solid second to process what just happened. When he finally did, he sent a glare in his direction.

"Nightmare, give it back." He ordered, his eyes glowing with warnings.

"Nah." He put the book aside, making sure to keep the page Dream was on. If he had made him lose it, he was pretty sure the other would immediately run to the tree and bite into the first apple he would see. "I want to play the game with you."

Dream raised an eyebrow. "What's the game? I swear if you tell me it's seven minutes in heaven—"

"No no no!" Nightmare exclaimed, waving his hands hysterically. "It's not that, I promise!" He let his arms fall to his sides again when he was sure he managed to convince Dream. "It's truth or dare."

"Truth or dare?" Dream repeated, scratching his chin in thought. This game looked innocent on paper but it could quickly escalate depending on the truth or the dare.

"Yeah but instead of the traditional one where we have to pick questions on the spot and where we get to choose one of the two, I suggest we use a wheel and write our questions and dares beforehand and just pick them once the time has come. It's gonna be more entertaining this way, I would know."

Dream opened his mouth and closed it several times, visibly conflicted. This game screamed disaster and chaos but Nightmare looked eager to play it, plus, with the emotional outburst an hour ago, he feared he would get upset again.

A long defeated sigh escaped his mouth. "Okay, I'll partake in your... suspicious game."

"Great!" Nightmare didn't even try to comment on the 'suspicious' part, he had to admit it sounded fishy. "You can go get the wheel, I'll start gathering the papers."

Dream nodded and disappeared around a corner to reach their room while Nightmare rolled on the floor to get to the drawers, sanity? Never heard of it. He grabbed two pens and tucked papers below his elbow before skipping back towards the couch. He was about to go and walk to take two empty baskets until he remembered that he could just teleport them to him.

He glanced at the corridor, Dream didn't seem to have found the wheel yet. Perfect.

He held his two hands up and closed his eyes, sure enough, two baskets appeared out of thin air and he smiled. These powers could be very convenient when they wanted.