Envy (BTH)

I need more Hacker angst I'm begging at this point y'all. If you ever come across a book like, please send me a link.

***

Warnings: Referenced torture, referenced sexual activities?? Yeah, so basically someone is just calling Hacker a whore, implied violence. 

Sypnosis: "I can't say anything to Dream directly unless I want them to kill Hacker." He walked around the table once again before stopping in front of Finch, looking him in the eyes. "But I do not intend on letting him have his way like this either. I have a plan, but I am going to need you to put it into execution."

He extended his hand. "Will you be willing to help me?"

Finch shook it as a response.

***

"What?!" Finch's eyes narrowed in anger as the meaning of the sentence was processed. "How could you do that to him? I thought he was your best friend!" He stepped closer to him as Blue's eyes widened from shock because of the outburst. He stomped toward him quickly, his murderous intents quite clear from facial expression alone.

Blue backed up a bit as he threw his hands in the air as a sign of peace. "Wait! I did not mean it like that, please let me explain!" Finch stopped at arm length from him, crossing his arms around his chest as he sent a death glare his way.

"You have two minutes." He warned as the other sighed, putting his hands down.

"Thank you." He breathed deeply before getting down from the desk. "The one who is after him is the master of the dungeons." He explained as Finch frowned. He had the feeling it was the case but hearing it from someone else's mouth just felt different.

"Why would he want to harm Hacker? He is not on our list of Hacker's victims, and they have never interacted before."

"That is where I come in. As surprising as it may sound, I have rejected his advances in the past..." Finch's face scrunched in an indescribable emotion. "... and as far as I'm aware he hasn't been quite a fan of my attitude ever since I got with Dream."

"And since he couldn't get to you directly, he decided to go for Hacker instead?" Blue nodded, confirming his theory.

"When I was out, I had made sure the camera footage of our conversation was deleted. Although, I could not control the gossiping of criminals after they witnessed my chat with Hacker which might have been what informed him of my friendship with him." Finch should not have been surprised that Blue might have access to the camera footage, but he still felt uneasy knowing that he did have access to it.

Oh, how much of a blessing it was that this man had no interest in violence or overthrowing Dream.

"He saw that as an opportunity to resolve the resentment he had toward me and have been tasking Hacker's different fellow inmates to... rough him up a bit in exchange of a reward, if you can put it that way." While his voice remained calm and collected, it was clear by the flames of anger in his irises that his emotions did not match with his tone of voice.

"One of such criminals was the one who got Hacker in the mess that you saw him in." Finch's eyebrow twitch in irritation as he thought that all of that happened because of an employee's petty problems with the Lord's partner.

He was definitely angry at the master of the dungeons for doing all this unjust stuff under Justice Reigns' banner, definitely not for targeting Hacker specifically, that would be ridiculous. A captain of the Justice Division should never even think of entertaining silly feelings for a criminal out of all people.