Argument (Drueswap)

Warnings: Angst, like heavy angst. Blue being extremely bad at emotions and relationships with people, triggered PTSD, Blue rejecting reflection, him also being unable to think a healthy relationship is possible and a hella lot of tears. Mostly Blue centric.

Synopsis: Blue's ability to understand how emotions and relationships work is like his birthday, a joke. He one day decided to sneak into an off-limits room to distract himself from a slight problem and Dream, who caught him red-handed, is not happy about that. Initially angry, the latter quickly turns horrified because Blue accidentally breaks something important to him. What followed is simple, Dream starts to ignore Blue's attempts to contact him and the latter is terrified of the other leaving him alone. Now, how will this predicament end exactly?

***

There's a room in Justice Reigns that is forbidden for almost anyone to step in. It is so well kept in fact that even Ink, Dream's right hand, was forbidden access to it too. Very few people knew why Dream didn't want anyone to go into that room and even fewer people had enough guts to question the CEO so most people simply ignored its existence, avoiding it at all costs in fear of attracting the wrath of the radiant. Dream was calm and composed most of the time but the thought of having him angry was enough to make most people shiver so no one dared to.

No one, apart of course from Blue.

He was a strange specimen, to say the least. No one knew where he came from and if he had any family, or what his surname was. A lot had the suspicion that his name was a fake one too but no proof ever came to support that theory. But the strangest thing about him may be his ability to get information on people.

Many have testified a certain... discomfort when talking to him. They said he had that strange smile that told them he knew exactly what they were going to say or how they were going to behave, he was also aware of their personal life and their past which freaked people out.

You see, Blue is a pretty curious man, fascinated by the human mind and all that it encompasses. But his curiosity was only just one factor of two, the other reason why he always made sure to gather so much information on people before talking to them was simply to make sure he wouldn't say something upsetting or so.

Despite his extroverted nature, Blue didn't get to have that many social interactions and doesn't have many friends either if at all. Papyrus had always made sure to make his life a living inferno without any way of escaping so it was only natural for him not to let Blue be able to talk to anyone.

Then, he was stuck inside the anti-void for quite some time before finally being able to move around. That's when he met Myriad, well, Error. He was his first-ever friend so it was expected that he would mess up quite a bit on the first try. Messing up he did, because of everything he has gone through, he had the mindset of breaking people before they could break him but the worst thing? He isn't even aware of it as reflection scares the living life out of him.

It could be of fear to discover he's way more similar to his brother than he would like, or maybe he's simply scared of the things he would discover about himself. Either way, he isn't conscious of his actions and genuinely believes that he has done nothing wrong.

Of course, this couldn't be any more wrong as he did give Error PTSD by trying to 'help' him. He had good intentions but growing up in such an abusive environment does things to a person so he had no clue on how to properly help, thus causing this entire dilemma.

It caused Error to leave and since he refuses to talk to Blue, the latter has no idea what he did wrong. Not being quite an expert in relationships with people, he simply assumed that one wrong move would drive the person to leave and never come back.