The Luxury of Pretending (Drueswap)

***

Oh, wow, I cannot believe I am going to post something like that. While reading this, you might be surprised by how different I've written the two's relationship here. The only explanation I can give you is that here, I tried to make their complicated relationship a little more canon compliant so sadly, you won't see their usual sweetness in this one-shot.

Honestly, I don't even know whether I should qualify this as smut or as a character study since it's basically both at the same time.

***

Warnings: Explicit sexual content, implied hypersexuality, unhealthy relationship, mentioned eating disorder (anorexia) and self-harm (cutting)

Synopsis: "I hope you know an hour of my time spent without working comes at a great cost." Blue grinned as he was pulled closer, whispering against his lips that he was aware.

They both knew how... unconventional whatever relationship they had was.

However, Blue could not seem to care less about its nature seeing how he always came back to him and neither did Dream, if the fact he never pushed the other away was any indication of that.

***

"As busy as ever I see." Blue remarked as he closed the door to Dream's office behind him. The winged man briefly glanced in his direction before sighing and focusing back on his paperwork.

"I thought I told you not to disturb me while I was working." he replied, halting his pen for a moment as he grabbed another sheet of paper from the impressive stack on his desk. "Besides, I do not remember giving you permission to enter my office."

"Oh please, you know you love it when I keep you company!" He smiled as he walked toward Dream, completely ignoring the other's last comment as he made his way behind his chair, wrapping his arms around his torso from behind.

"I fail to imagine how anyone could ever find pleasure in being disturbed at work." Dream groaned, as he fully put his pen down to remove Blue's hands from him.

Blue stared at Dream's narrowed eyes for a moment, noticing the slight shimmer of annoyance in those golden eyes of his. However, what was strange was that it did not seem to be directed at him personally.

He spun his chair around, the older one giving him a deadpan look as he let out a husk "What?" That sounded more like an affirmation than an actual question.

Blue hummed, inching closer to Dream's face. He tilted Dream's face toward him with his fingers, noticing how the bags under the other's eyes had gotten bigger since the last time he saw him. "You could take a break." He merely commented, the other scoffing.

Dream grabbed his wrist, albeit gently, before moving it away from his chin. He held it up next to his face, narrowing his eyes. "I have other things to work on, it is not worth my time."

Without missing a beat, Blue replied in a hushed voice. "You know I always make it worth your time, Lord Dream."

Dream froze as the words left Blue's lips, glancing at the other's face to search for an amused expression, that he did not find, before he regained his composure, his grip on Blue's wrist tightening ever so slightly.

"I hope you know an hour of my time spent without working comes at a great cost." Blue grinned as he was pulled closer, whispering against his lips that he was aware.

They both knew how... unconventional whatever relationship they had was.

However, Blue could not seem to care less about its nature seeing how he always came back to him and neither did Dream, if the fact he never pushed the other away was any indication of that.