Chapter 29

A month passed since the Crown Prince visited the Duke. Seemed like the provocation worked because a royal knight came to the mansion to deliver an envelope. An invitation for the Crown Prince's marriage. The Duke smirked in satisfaction. Everything went according to his plan.

His eyes diverted to his side as his lover walked towards him. A smile crept on his face as a thought ran past his mind. Something like that would surprise Mingyu to the point that he became speechless. Their hands unconsciously intertwined as if it were a normal thing between them.

"What are you doing, Master?" Mingyu asked.

"The Crown Prince is getting married in a week. As his little brother, I am obligated to attend."

"Not only you. Everyone in this kingdom needs to attend."

"Except me, of course. Your future father-in-law cannot know that I'm alive." Mingyu grinned.

"Ugh, I hate that phrase." Wonwoo whined.

"You got a meeting to attend to. The carriage is waiting for you."

The two then walked away with their hands still glued together.

~ ~ ~

The Duke stood in front of the mirror as he adjusted his vest. He felt nervous. As if he was going to commit adultery even though everyone involved agreed to this plan. He also felt sad that he couldn't bring Mingyu with him to the ceremony. Letting everyone know how lucky he was to have Mingyu as his lover.

His daydream cut off rather quickly as a pair of arms wrapped around his waist from behind. Through the mirror, he saw Mingyu resting his chin on his shoulder. They smiled at each other.

"My master is so breathtaking." Mingyu stated as he fixed Wonwoo's collar.

"I'm not your master any more. I'm your lover." Wonwoo replied making Mingyu blush.

Mingyu gave a quick peck on Wonwoo's lips before hugging the latter. He always knows how to make my heart flutter. Mingyu thought to himself. Right after the Crown Prince's marriage, his master would quickly move on with his plan and proposed to Lady Joohyun in front of everyone. A marriage between the two would be held on in the near future and then he could be with his master together at last.

But the scene of his lover offering a hand in marriage to someone who was not him broke his heart a little. But it was all just a play. His anger was irrelevant, to begin with. But he still wanted to punish Wonwoo for breaking his heart. Mingyu then squeezed the latter with his hug making Wonwoo gasped for air for a second before immediately releasing him.

"What was that for?" Wonwoo asked.

"Nothing. You look so adorable right now." Mingyu grinned.

There was a knock on the door and Seungcheol came in. It was time for the Duke to leave. Wonwoo cupped Mingyu's face one more time before he exited the room. Mingyu let out a sigh as he stayed by the window. He watched his master get into the carriage before leaving the premises. Every time his lover left, loneliness filled his heart. Maybe it was because of his possessiveness but he hoped he could keep his master to himself. Locked him somewhere so that he couldn't leave.

Mingyu quickly brushed off the negative thought and he went to find Chan. At least he had someone to keep him company while his master was away.

~ ~ ~

The Duke stopped in front of Lady Joohyun's mansion to pick her up. They were going to the ceremony together. He stood in front of the carriage and waited for his future wife. Shortly after, Lady Joohyun came out with her father. The Duke slightly bowed as he offered his hand. Lady Joohyun took the hand as the two smiled at each other. Lord Bae looked at them with a smile on his face. He could see how in love his daughter was.