Chapter 13

Mingyu stood by the kitchen counter, looking for something to eat. Suddenly, a pair of hands snaked around his waist from behind. Wonwoo rested his forehead against Mingyu's back as he tightened the hug.

"When are you coming back to bed? My body is longing for your warmth." Wonwoo said.

"I'll make it quick."

Wonwoo pouted at the reply. He didn't get the attention that he wanted from Mingyu. Suddenly, a mischievous grin appeared on his face as his naughty hands slowly slid down. He got into Mingyu's pants and the man flinched.

"M-master? What are you doing?" his face turned red as he froze in place.

"Nothing. Just continue." his fingers teasingly brushed against the base of the member.

Mingyu grabbed the Prince's hands as he turned around. Wonwoo smirked as he leaned forward. He loved the reaction he got from Mingyu when he teased him.

"I just did so little and you're already hard."

He held Mingyu's hands and kissed them. Their eyes met each other. Mingyu leaned forward and claimed the lips. Wonwoo smiled as he deepened the kiss. As they were enjoying each other's company, none of them realized there were a pair of curious eyes watching them in the dark.

"M-master?" a voice echoed throughout the kitchen.

The two broke the kiss as they turned around. Chan was looking at them cluelessly. Mingyu was speechless. He didn't know how to explain to the boy.

"Chan, what are you doing here?" Wonwoo asked.

"I'm thirsty... why did you kiss Mingyu hyung?"

"Because... be-because..." Mingyu tried to answer but nothing came out of his mouth.

"Because that's what you do when you love someone." the Duke answered.

Chan tilted his head in confusion. He approached the kitchen counter and grabbed the cup. Wonwoo filled it up with water and the boy took a sip.

"I used to see Lord Kim kiss a few servants before but he never loved them." Chan stated.

"How do you know he never loved them?" Wonwoo asked.

"You never hit someone you love. From time to time, Lord Kim would call one of the servants to enter his bedroom at night. I always heard them scream and when they got out, they were crying. They were not wearing the same clothes when they entered the room and there were bruises everywhere."

The two adults looked at each other in shock. The Duke reached forward as he caressed Chan's hair.

"Do you... know why they cried?" Mingyu asked.

"They just told me that Lord Kim hit them because they were naughty. They also said that I needed to make myself dirty so that Lord Kim didn't care about me." the boy yawned.

He placed the cup on the counter and bowed at the two.

"I'm heading to bed now. Good night." he said and walked away.

Silence filled in between Mingyu and Wonwoo. Both were lost in their own thoughts. Wonwoo really wished his speculation wasn't true. Lord Kim was not what he thought of. So his father, the King, won't let Wonwoo become the man's apprentice made sense now.

"Connecting all the dots just gives me chills." Wonwoo stated.

"And I just lost my appetite." Mingyu added.

The two then headed to the Duke's room. Wonwoo felt bad because he couldn't do anything about it but at least he saved Chan from that disgusting man. Poor boy didn't know the truth but it was for his own good.