Chapter 9

It was eerily cold that night. The Duke slipped the dagger into the scabbard on his back. He walked to the backyard and his butler was there with two horses by his side. Seungcheol passed the horse to his master. No word was exchanged between the two as they entered the dark forest.

The Prince whistled loudly and then the howling of the wolf echoed throughout the woods. And just like the two were accompanied by the three wolves, followed them closely behind.

"Who is it this time?" the butler asked.

"Jung Taehyun. Ministry of finance."

After a while, they reached a mansion on the other side of the forest. They got off the horses and Seungcheol tied them to a tree. The wolves came by Wonwoo's side, waiting for the order.

"Taehyun is leading a protest against the royal and the King doesn't like it." the Duke stated.

A man exited the mansion's back door and the wolves let out low growls. Wonwoo's hand landed on the head.

"Siyeok. Kill."

The called wolf ran to the side as it disappeared into the bushes. Suddenly, it came out of the woods, heading straight to the man from behind. It jumped onto the latter and bit his neck. With a mighty force, the wolf ripped off the head from the body.

The Duke let out a short whistle as he ran towards the door and the other wolves followed him. Wonwoo and the wolves got into the mansion through the back door. Seungcheol came out and carried the dead body into the forest, cleaning the evidence. Wonwoo ran past the corridor, heading straight to his target. Suddenly, a maid turned in a corner as she stumbled upon Wonwoo but before she could react, the man covered her mouth and slit her throat with his dagger. The blood splattered onto Wonwoo's face and the wall.

He threw the body to the side as Seungcheol approached him and he let out a sigh. The Duke looked at his butler as he slipped the dagger back into the sheath.

"Minimize casualties." Seungcheol said.

"Leave no witness behind." Wonwoo stated as he walked away.

The butler sighed again as he grabbed the body. Soon after, the Prince arrived at his target's room. He pulled out his dagger and he grabbed the doorknob. The wolves were ready to barge into the room with their ears laid flat. Wonwoo opened the door and his pets barged in. Everything happened so fast that Jung Taehyun couldn't register what was happening. And before he knew it, the wolves were surrounding him. His eyes went wide when Wonwoo walked toward him.

"What are you doing here?!" the man shouted.

The Duke remained silent as their distance shortened. Taehyun backed off slowly, trembling in fear. Suddenly, his hand touched the metal rod. He grabbed it and started to swing it aimlessly. The wolves backed away but Wonwoo marched forward without hesitation. His dagger clashed with the metal rod and his other hand balled into a fist and punched the upper stomach. The man gasped for air as he lost grip on the metal rod. His dagger went straight for the throat, stabbing it upward until the blade came out of the eye's socket. His body went limp and he died instantly.

Wonwoo pulled out his dagger and turned around. He wiped the blade on the couch and exited the room. Seungcheol arrived just in time. The commotion alerted almost everyone in the mansion and the butler needed to make sure that everything was under control. This means that anyone who came close to the room got killed instantly. Talking about minimizing casualties.

"It's done. Target eliminated." Wonwoo stated.

"What should we do? There are too many casualties." the butler asked.