Chapter 27

Seungcheol smiled as he looked at Chan. The boy was munching the bread dipped in mushroom soup. This was his third bread. Chan woke up in the morning and said that he was hungry. The butler was a bit taken aback at first because it was hard to even let food near the boy at all since the incident.

"Is it good?" Seungcheol asked and Chan nodded with his cheeks stuffed with bread.

The butler let out a chuckle as he kissed the boy on the forehead. A moment later, there was a knock on the door before someone opened it. Chan looked at it and his hand immediately grabbed Seungcheol's arm. Mingyu got in and the grip loosened. And then, the Duke followed shortly and Chan's face lit up.

The two sat on the bed and Chan jumped into the Duke's arms. The Prince chuckled as he tightened the hug.

"How are you feeling?" the Duke asked.

"Scare... but I know you will protect me." Chan answered.

"I will. No one can ever hurt you again."

The two stayed with the boy for a while before he needed to leave. As the Prince got up, Chan grabbed his arm and hugged him tightly. The Duke smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Master needs to go. He has work to do." Mingyu said.

Chan whined and pouted. His small hands still tightly gripped the Duke's arm. The Duke sat down and grabbed Chan's hands.

"Stay..." Chan whispered.

"But I really need to go. But I promise I will be back as soon as possible."

Chan looked down as his grip slowly loosened. The Duke kissed the boy's head as assurance before he left the room with Mingyu. As the two walked down the hallways, Wonwoo let out a chuckle. Mingyu looked at him, confused

"Adorable."

~ ~ ~

Mingyu peeked through the window as the sight of the castle greeted his vision. The view was better than what he imagined. The way the decoration complemented the building, making it more appealing. The curtain was closed the whole journey so Mingyu didn't get to see the view leading to the castle but there was one word to describe the castle. Majestic.

Wonwoo never brought him to the castle before. But this time, his master needed support. His strong and vicious master needed Mingyu near him so that he had someone he could lean on. The carriage stopped and Mingyu could see his master took a deep breath. He grabbed Mingyu's hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Let's go." Wonwoo stated.

Mingyu nodded as he got out of the carriage and held the door for his master. Wonwoo fixed his blazer and he walked straight into the castle with Mingyu followed closely behind. A guard was showing them the way but the Duke took the lead as if this happened too many times. They stopped in front of a big door and the guard pushed it open.

Mingyu turned stiff as he saw at the end of the hall was the royal family. This was his lover's family but it felt like he was not part of it. The Duke approached them.

"Are you aware of the reason you're here?" the King asked.

"No." the Duke sternly said.

"Stop pretending." the crown prince said.

Wonwoo shifted his eyes to his older brother, silencing the man. The Queen scoffed as she looked away.

"Lord Kim, my closest friend is missing. He was last seen leaving your property." the King said.

"He did pay a visit. But I chased him away after he caused a commotion."

"Are you sure you did not do anything other than chase him away? He's one of my trusted companions."