Chapter 22

The nobleman got off the bed as he buttoned up his shirt. The boy grabbed the blanket as he covered himself, crying silently. Lord Kim was pissed off because his fun was disturbed by a knock on the door. He opened the door and it was his butler.

"You are interrupting me. What is it?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, sir. But a woman is asking to meet you. She had something important to tell you." the butler said

"Just send her off." the nobleman stated as he turned around.

"It's about the Duke. She used to be his maid."

Lord Kim stopped on his track as he looked at his butler. His eyes glinted in curiosity. The butler then showed his master the way. Reaching the front door of his mansion, his eyes landed on the woman standing there. She had a scar across her face. The woman looked at him and bowed a bit.

"It better be something important because you are interrupting my fun." Lord Kim said.

"Thank you for letting me be in your presence, my Lord. And yes, it is important and very beneficial for you." Hayoung replied.

The nobleman let out a silent huff as he let the woman enter his mansion. They sat down and the woman started to spill everything she knew about the Duke. The secret about the Prince and his interest in men. His passionate relationship with Mingyu, a servant. And how close the Duke was with a boy servant named Chan that she felt questionable.

The mention of the boy servant caught Lord Kim's attention. He ordered Hayoung to tell him more about the boy servant. Hayoung was oblivious to the fact that the Duke bought Chan from Lord Kim. He wanted to know how the Prince managed to tame a little beast that he failed to control.

"That boy Chan is so ungrateful and thinks he can do whatever he wants just because Master gives him nice clothes making him somehow look good." Hayoung ranted aimlessly.

"So you mean Chan looks better now?" Lord Kim repeated as he rubbed his chin.

"I mean... you can see him yourself. The Duke really takes good care of him."

~ ~ ~

Lady Joohyun picked up a rose flower as she gently caressed the petals, smiling to herself. Should she buy a bouquet for Seulgi? What flowers would she like? Suddenly, someone stood beside her and grabbed a flower. The noblewoman looked to her side and it was the Duke.

"Is it weird if I buy Mingyu a bouquet of flowers? I mean usually flowers are for women." the Prince asked.

"Rose is a symbol of love. You give it to your loved one. It's not about their gender." Lady Joohyun answered.

"You're right." the Duke smiled.

"I'm really curious. How did you and Mingyu end up together?" the woman asked as they walked away.

"My heart used to be as cold as winter. It made me yearn for at least a bit of warmth. And on that fortunate night, I happened to stumble upon a heavily injured Mingyu. I took him under my care and treated him. Night after night, I visited unconscious Mingyu, wondering if I could have that bit of warmth by taking advantage of my status." the Duke opened the door as he let the woman enter.

They stopped at a cafe for their so-called date. Since the beginning, all eyes were on them, shocked at the unexpected pair. A mistress who rejected countless amount of men was together with a mysterious Duke who didn't have an eye on anyone. It's gonna be the talk of the town and that's what the Prince wanted. They sat at the table beside the table and continued their conversation.

"After spending a passionate night with him, I realized it was the warmth that I was looking for. I want more. And just like that, Mingyu becomes my spring. Every day, flowers bloom in my heart." the Duke looked out the window and smiled.