Chapter 12

Seungcheol took a deep breath as he sat at the end of the bed. He was totally exhausted after he finally managed to get the little boy to sleep. When the Duke got home during dusk, he told Seungcheol that he bought a boy servant and he wanted the butler to take care of the latter.

"Why he always did something out of the ordinary?" Seungcheol said as he stared at the sleeping boy.

The boy refused to let Seungcheol touch him or even got close to him. But he needed a shower so badly because of how dirty he was. So the butler didn't have any choice but to use his strength. He forcefully grabbed the boy, trying not to hurt him, and brought him to the bathroom. The latter screamed frantically trying to break free but failed. He put the boy in the bathtub and poured water on him. The boy yelled and tried to run away but Seungcheol managed to put him in place.

"Shut up! Stay still!" the butler shouted, frustrated at this point.

The boy flinched at the loud voice as his body froze. He hung his head low as he started to cry silently. Seungcheol ignored the sob and continued to clean him up. He rinsed the boy one last time and dried him with a big towel. They went to a room and there were clothes and warm food on the table. The boy looked at the food and started to drool. Seungcheol put on the cloth for the boy before he brought the food.

"Be a good boy and finish this." Seungcheol smiled as he petted the latter's head.

The boy grabbed the bowl of soup and started to sip it. The butler frowned as he grabbed the bowl. The boy looked at him, shocked. Seungcheol then grabbed a spoon and started to feed the latter. After a while, the boy finished all the food and his eyes started to get heavy.

"You must be tired. Go to sleep. Okay?" Seungcheol said with a gentle voice.

The boy looked around the bed as his little hand felt the soft mattress. He looked at Seungcheol and the butler gave him a nod. Slowly, he lay on the bed, his eyes still glued to Seungcheol. The butler reached out to grab the blanket and covered the boy but the latter flinched.

"It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." Seungcheol stated.

The boy covered his whole body with the blanket. Seungcheol sat at the end of the bed. While he was giving the boy a shower, he saw a few bruises that were about to fade out. But he just brushed it off since boy servants always got hit by their masters. It's horrible but that's what you do when you have power.

But something worse happened in Lord Kim's household for the boy to be this terrified of human contact. The butler grabbed the tray and left the room.

~ ~ ~

Wonwoo arrived at the dining table where Mingyu was waiting for him. The two smiled at each other as Wonwoo leaned forward and kissed the latter on the cheek. The servant blushed as he grinned bashfully. The Duke sat down and he looked around.

"Where is the boy?" he asked Mingyu.

"He's in the room with Seungcheol hyung. Seems like he is too scared to get out."

The Duke nodded as he took a sip of the tea. They started to dig in and silence filled the room.

"Let's meet him after this." Wonwoo stated.

They finished breakfast and headed toward the said boy's room. The Duke knocked on the door and twisted the doorknob. He heard a quick thud from inside the room and when he came in, he saw his butler all by himself. The boy was nowhere to be found.

"Where is he?" the Duke asked.

Seungcheol turned around and a head peeked out from behind the bed. The empty eyes peeking through the long hair looking at the Duke with curiosity and slight fear. The butler reached out his hand to the boy with a warm smile. Slowly, the latter stood up as he climbed onto the bed and hid behind Seungcheol.