Chapter 21

Chan opened the door to the Duke's office as he peeked inside. He saw the Duke was talking to two men and immediately apologized before he retreated away. But suddenly, his master called him.

"Chan, come in for a second."

The boy peeked his head again before he entered the room. The two men turned around and they were Seungcheol and someone he never met. Chan walked over to the butler as he stared at the unfamiliar man. This was the first time he met the latter. The man smiled at the boy but Chan hid behind Seungcheol.

"Chan, come sit here." the Duke said.

The boy sat down as he looked at the merchant once again. He also realized that the man was holding Seungcheol's hand and frowned a little. Why is he holding my hyung's hand? Chan thought to himself.

"This is Jeonghan. He... is my lover." the butler stated.

"Lover?" Chan tilted his head, not quite getting it.

Seungcheol tried to think of a way to explain it so that the boy could understand it. Jeonghan looked at the man beside him and chuckled a bit.

"Like mom and dad." Jeonghan said after he saw the confused face.

Chan slightly nodded. But one more thing came to his young innocent mind.

"So, Seungcheol hyung is the mom?" he asked.

Everyone gasped as the butler's face turned red. Jeonghan let out a laugh as he teased his lover.

"Why? What's wrong?" Chan looked around, clueless.

"No, no. I am the mom." Jeonghan replied.

"But he can be the mom if he let me." the merchant winked at his lover.

~ ~ ~

The carriage stopped in front of the mansion and Lady Joohyun stepped out of it. She looked around as her maid knocked on the door. A moment later, a boy opened as he looked at the noblewoman. She smiled at him but the boy ran into the mansion. She frowned a bit but brushed it away. The Duke appeared at the door and he gave a smug smile.

"Oh my. Seems like I forgot that you are visiting my humble home. So I didn't prepare anything ahead." The Duke said, holding his chuckle.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." Lady Joohyun rolled her eyes.

"Come in."

The woman entered the mansion as her eyes scanned around, looking for something... or someone. She was so focused on the search that she didn't pay attention to what the Prince was saying. The Duke then let out a fake cough and the woman looked at him.

"Don't worry. You will meet her soon. As I was saying, I apologize if little Chan in any way has offended you. He is not good around new people."

"Oh, It's okay..."

They continued walking around the mansion as the Duke showed her around. He was engaging in an empty conversation and the noblewoman was losing her patience. Lady Joohyun let out a silent scoff.

"What are you trying to do? There's no need to show around. I will be living here when we get married in the future anyway." she stopped on her track.

"Where is she?" Lady Joohyun asked.

"So impatient. We are already arrived." the Prince pointed at the door.

He opened the door and let the woman in. Her eyes immediately landed on her long lost lover and both of them froze, processing the overwhelming feelings in them.