Chapter 192: Despierta

"Mierda, hijo de puta!" Anton curls his hand into a hard fist and seethes, even their driver flinches. "I knew you should have not agreed to that pansy!"

Neville.

Neville told Papa. He learned my whole name from Maddy in Nassau. He saw me, so close, and I even kissed him! All the instances flash hurriedly before her and Eleanore immediately regrets them all. But her lament is of no use.

Neville already gave the Admiral enough to be certain that she is his missing daughter.

"No... he..." Eleanore gawps. "He wanted to get you so badly... so he sent Papa after us?" She shakes her head. "He made Papa angry by telling my father I'm alive?" She gasps. "Worse, that you have me..."

Her father would be more than angry.

"How can we even work with him now?" Anton scowls. "He betrayed us already. For all we know, tesoro, he will be stabbing us when our backs are turned."

"I..." Her heart sinks. But of course, all of that happened before Neville got to meet her—the new her. Not the cocky new pirate captain, or the young girl who would let Nassau burn for her husband... but her. Who she truly is. Who she was always meant to be. "I don't know... We were enemies before. He... He wanted to force Papa's hand. To get you." She sighs. "Through me."

Anton just rubs his forehead, muttering Spanish curses under his breath.

And, as Doctor Wells warned, he sniffles.

Oh, Anton. ""Tesoro." She holds onto his arm and rubs his sleeve. "Calm down. We'll figure it out—"

He still scowls. "How? Lenore..." Anton closes his eyes. "Even if we run away to the sea, your father is there... unless we make it to Sevilla in time, and that is even more unlikely!"

No. That's not it. She sighs deeply. "Maybe it is time." When Anton turns to her, visibly angry, Eleanore just shakes her head. "Jones left my father alive, Anton." She trembles. "And he... he never returned for me and Mama? All these years... what made him never look for us?"

Her heart begins to pound dangerously, so Eleanore only takes a deep breath and presses a palm over her chest. She does not even want to think about it. She dreads meeting her father, but a part of her knows she will never rest until she sees him... she asks him.

His sturdy arm pulls her to his chest. Angry he may be, his love overrules even that. He gently rubs her back. "Jones wounds with precision," Anton helpfully says. "It seems your father has been used as one of those."

She nods. "Yes."

"Don't cry." Anton cups her cheek and wipes her tiny tears. "Don't cry..." He sighs. "You will know the truth, sooner or later. It's good you are prepared, now. Neither your father or that bastard can surprise you. Be careful, of who you trust among them. In those forces. They still answer to your father after all. Whatever warning they gave you, their superior remains, your Papa."

What is left, is to prepare. God help me speak to you, Papa, Eleanore takes a deep breath.

Anton holds her hand. They share a look, and he closes his eyes, just as they reach the main avenue, running across the bay. "Lenore, that is not all."

In one day! She blinks. "Yes? What more?"

Torkin and Poco look at each other, and then at Anton. He nods at them and begins, "In Inagua..."

She frowns.

"I carried that raid knowing he might be their commander, tesoro."

"I... you..." Eleanore tries to calm her wildly pounding heart. The possibilities taunt her. "But that is not all..." She raises a brow. "Right?"