thirty

-PRESENT, THREE DAYS LATER-

Everyone is geared up and ready to go! Asher is going with them. He has no choice, really... And secretly-Yin was absolutely terrified about Tiger Claw, Shredder, and the Foot all going after them. And she told them!! She was stupid! Yin thought that they'd change their mind if she told them...! But no.

Now all of them stood in front of the portal, geared up and ready. They all had breathing things that Donnie made for them. Splinter was going too.

"I can't believe we're going into Dimension X again!" Mikey beamed. "That means...I can be smart again!"

"And the costume" Raph deadpanned. "WE GET IT!"

Karai frowned. "I can't believe we have to bring Asher along."

"Didn't you here what Shredder said?" , Leo explained. "He's gonna come back for him and maybe even kill him."

"We'll he would be doing us a favor." That was Yin, sounding bitter. "I don't want him to come along either."

"He doesn't have to."

Everyone jumped and turned around. Shredder, Tiger Claw, and Foot bots were all standing behind them. Fuck! This is my fault!, Yin inwardly groaned.

"This is all my fault", Yin bitterly said to herself. "Guys-get down!!" She took the rope dart off her belt.

"Huh? Shit-!" Raph barely had enough time to duck.

Splinter, the turtles, Karai and Asher, all ducked in time. The rope dart came swinging around them all, slicing through the bots like a knife through butter.

"I'm sorry!", Yin told her friends. "This is all my fault..." She glared at Shredder and Tiger Claw before looking back. "And I'm going to make this right." She took the communication orb and ran and jumped through the portal.

"Yin!!", everyone shouted.

"No!" Shredder cried out, Tiger Claw snarling.

"Damnit!" Leo spat, "come on, team, let's go!" He didn't hesitate to go in after her.

When the turtles jumped through, it was just Splinter Karai, and Asher left, holding them off before they themselves jumped in.

"Keep one eye open, fools", Shredder said lowly. "Because we're gonna be right behind you..."

***

Yin landed on her feet and stared in amazement at the place. It's been forever since I've been here... When she heard shouting, she looked up above, saw the others, and got out of the way.

"What's with that get-up, Mikey?", Yin asked with a weird look.

"That's his outfit whenever we go here", Raph frowned, shaking his head.

"Oh, yeahh!!" Mikey jumped around, floating.

"There's no time to waste", Leo snapped. "Now..." He looked at Yin. "Where should we go?"

"I haven't been here in so long that I don't remember a whole bunch", she slumped her shoulders, handing off the orb to Donnie. "I feel like a failure..."

"You're not a failure, Yin", Donnie reasoned, putting a hand on her shoulder and smiling down at her. "Trust me-you're one of the best out there. I believe in you."

Yin smiled softly. "Heh, thanks."

"I know!" Mikey beamed, adjusting his belt. "Remember when we took down those rock dudes?"

"Yeah, why?" Leo asked.

"Come on!" And without another word, he took off.

Everyone leapt into action, following Mikey with ease. In no time they made it to their destination. They're all hiding behind crystal trees, seeing Kraang everywhere.

"Hey, Mikey, don't things react to sound here?" Yin whispered.

"Yeah", he whispered back, not taking his eyes off the place. "Why?"

"I was wondering: could I use my acid to melt pieces off?"

"Do the crystals and the acid react badly, Einstein?", Raph asked Donnie.

"No, they don't", he shook his head.

"Then I'll be back!" Yin winked at them all and skunked away, being careful not to be seen.

"I wonder what her plan is", Raph groaned. "I hope it's not as stupid as Mikey's."

"Mine aren't stupid", Mikey retorted.

***

Yin slinked around until she made it to a crystal tree that hung right over a bunch of Kraang. Then-she turned into a Snareling, and just sat there, staring at them. She decided to this next bit as a surprise for the others: she teleports from the tree and right behind the Kraang.

"Kraang seems to see something behind them known as-a Snareling", one of them comments, causing all of them to turn and point their guns at her.

Yin lets out a huge scream, spitting acid on the base of the crystal tree, and making it fall over. Then she took care of the rest, swinging her long arms and spitting acid.

"Coast is clear, guys!" Yin called, seeing the others with shocked looks on their faces. "Heh...surprise!"

"That was...amazing!" Donnie and Mikey said at once, bouncing over and hugging Yin, squishing her in the middle.

"Can't. Breathe!", Yin wheezed.

"Well done, Yin", Splinter nodded, chuckling as she shimmied out.

"Could've been better", she shrugged. "But thanks!"

She caught eye of Asher staring at her, and she glared at him which he looked down right away. Yin shook the feeling away and she followed everyone into the building.

"Wow", she said to herself. "I honestly forgot that everything here is just about metal..."

"We will split up into teams", Splinter began. "Teams of two."

"We don't split up in these situations!" Yin and Mikey said simultaneously.

"If you wanna keep bickering and delay our mission-feel free", Leo said impatiently.

Yin and Mikey frowned, crossing their arms. She was fine with getting paired with anyone else-besides Asher. She didn't even want to bring him in the first place! But it was Splinter's and Donnie's idea to have him come along.

"I will take Karai", Splinter said, standing next to his daughter. "Donnie will go with Asher, Raph and Leo, Mikey and Yin."

"Sweet! Looks like you're stuck with the smart one, here", Mikey winked and swung an arm around Yin, making her laugh.

Then they all split up. Yin and Mikey headed down the hall and everyone else broke off at a different turn. They all agreed to meet back outside of the building in exactly an hour. Hopefully Shredder and the others won't follow them...

"So-your brain just works differently here?" Yin asked Mikey.

"Mhm! I don't know why", Mikey replied. "I just...understand stuff here, I guess."

"Interesting", she nodded.

"That teleporting thing was pretty cool, though", he beamed at her. "I wish I could do that."

Yin chuckled. "Only a select few."

"Do you know where specifically Snarelings are kept?", Mikey then asked her.

"In buildings like these, but they're scattered everywhere here in Dimension X", she muttered.

"Then let us waste no time, broski. We have a job to do."

***

Shredder and Tiger and the Foot jumped in after them. When they landed-they soon realized they needed things to breathe here. The bots were fine though.

"Good thing I stole these from their lair", Tiger Claw bit, hanging one over to Shredder, putting his own in his mouth.

"Thank you, Tiger Claw. "Now...sniff them out." Shredder narrowed his hollow eyes as he looked around. "This place always disgusts me."

Tiger Claw opened his eyes. "This way."