twelve

-PRESENT-

Leo, Mikey, and Donnie got back later and then they all went to bed. Then at 3:30am...Yin woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

Quietly opening and shutting the door she goes outside and stares up at the sky. It's a bit cloudy, but the stars are still visible. Shivering Yin lifts up her hood over her head and sits on top of the vehicle.

"I wonder" she said to herself. "If we smash all the viles if it'll stall the Kraang's mission. Then again...I highly doubt they'll do that."

Yin tried to think of anything, anything that could be mildly realistic! But-? No such luck. All she was left with the crying frustration of her own voice and the scars she was given.

That was all she was given, really: scars, trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression. Oh-and a lot of crying. Yin was crying into her hands in a frustrating manner.

"I fucking hate this", she seethed to herself, not even bothering to wipe her own tears. "I-I-I'm here to do a job...and I can't even fucking find a way to fucking help out the damn t-team."

"What are you talking about?" That was Leo. He's now up there, sitting across from her. "That's totally not true!"

"Yes, it is!" Yin lashed out. "I...this is mostly my fault! If I hadn't escaped then all of this wouldn't have happened..."

"And the Kraang would still be doing their mission", snapped back Leo. "Don't put yourself in my situation, Yin. That's what I'm here for. It's my job to stress over the team and what happens next. Not you."

"But how do I not feel so-!" Yin stopped, still crying though, when Leo put out his left hand and cupped the side of her face, not giving a shit that her tears were all over it.

"It's not your job. It's mine. No one else's", Leo said firmly yet gently. "Don't think you have to take responsibility for something you're not ready for."

Yin sobbed. "But...but..."

A/N: OKAY Y'ALL GET READY FOR SOME CUTE SHIT HAHAHA!!

Leo leaned over and kissed her forehead. "But nothing, Yin. I'm leader. Don't try to take what I love into your hands and stress over it. Okay?"

Yin was blushing, her crying dying down. "O-Okay..."

Leo's face was the same color as hers. "Sorry, I-."

"I don't mind... Next time-? Just ask me", she weakly joked.

"Also, Yin...? I know that this isn't probably the right time to be saying this... But-."

"You like me. Don't you?" Yin tilts her head.

Leo's eyes widened. "H-How? How did you know?"

"I knew from the moment you gave me your necklace", she snickered. "Mikey already got the hint, Splinter probably does, Donnie and Raph? Not so sure."

"Great", Leo facepalmed.

"And for me...? I like you too...i-it's just that all of you guys are amazing! Even your asshole of a brother. Never expect these kinds of things to happen, yeah? I'll need to think for a long time."

Leo smiled at her words, the awkwardness between them going away. "For now, friends?"

"Friends all the way, Leonardo!"

When she beamed, he liked her all over again. But friends first. Friends only. Friends for awhile. Then the two stayed up, talking about funny moments and hilarious times.

The first crack of dawn came? They all left to make it the rest of the way home. No doubt that the Kraang will be looking for them now. One thing that's a bonus: due to them saving the world and the city and its people, a law was handed down to them. If the Kraang ever made a move on them it'd have to be on neutral ground, not their home. But no doubt that they'll try every which way they can.