seventeen

-PRESENT, TWO WEEKS LATER-

The pain of losing April is still fresh, but they're getting by day by day. Casey is still kicking himself around for it. It's still hard.

Yin and the turtles have been training really hard. After a stake out mission they did, they discovered that a way they'll release the mutagen over the people is that they've built a huge bomb inside a water tower!

Donnie has a few locations narrowed down. And tonight? They'll all go to check it out! Yin can't wait for it, honestly. They just finished training and she and the guys go into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"I'm excited for tonight!" Mikey exclaimed, saying hi to Ice Cream Kitty in the freezer.

"Me too!" Yin replied as she sat down next to Leo. "I can't wait to see what we'll find. Hopefully it won't be too bad where we barely escape alive."

"I'ma take all that we need: smoke bombs, ninja stars, brass knuckles, anything", Raph said, hardening his stare.

"Don't worry, we're ninjas. All of us", Leo said, giving Yin an uplifting smile, which she smiled in return.

"Tomorrow we should celebrate April's memory with her dad", Donnie said wistfully. "He's gotta be totally devastated."

Yin sighed sadly. "I've never met her dad, but she's always told me that he's the best."

"For real, he is", Mikey said honestly, closing the freezer.

They all chatted about every day things, then each of them went to do their own thing. Donnie went into his lab, Raph went to the training dummy, Leo went to the Space Heros pinball machine, Mikey was talking with Ice Cream Kitty, and Yin went to go talk to Splinter.

She peeked inside and saw he was meditating. Yin was about to turn around and walk away. But-

"Come on, Yin, you may come inside", Splinter said, turning his head in her direction, then opening his eyes. "I sense that you want to speak to me."

"Yeah, I do..." Yin fiddled with her thumbs.

"About April?"

"And something else", she gulped. "I get this feeling...like the car crash wasn't an accident, and...sure April got hurt, but...maybe she's still alive? She faked her own death."

Splinter stroked his beard, thinking. "Hm, what you say could be a possibility. But it's best we don't share of this with the others for now. They need to focus on the war that's upcoming."

"And...um...that one time I ran off and Leo and Donnie ran after me? Later that night Donnie told me my eyes flickered from black to normal. I...I've been keeping a secret from you guys... Like your daughter, Miwah, I can turn into a Snareling and go back to normal. But hers is a snake."

"Dear child, I knew all along", he began.

"Huh?" Her eyes widened.

"Even when I first saw you, I immediately knew you were special. I just wanted to hear it from you, to come clean. That's why the Kraang wanted to keep you hostage so much."

"Oh..." Yin has a guilty look in her eyes. "I... Are we gonna wait to tell the others too?"

"No, this is something that they must know now", Splinter said, looking into her eyes. "Some things can wait, some things can't. This can't wait, Yin."

Yin felt like she was gonna faint when she saw the turtles walk in one by one. Oh boy...I'm mostly nervous for Raph's reaction.

"What is it, Sensei?" Mikey asked.