eight

-PRESENT-

Today is a special day: Yin's birthday! Mikey, Donnie, Raph, and Splinter(April just came) all went over to wake up Leo who was still asleep next to Yin.

"Hey, dude, wake up", Mikey whispered. "It's urgent!"

"Wha, huh...?" Leo slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them. "What time is it?"

"6:30am!" Mikey whisper-shouts. "We gotta set up stuff for Yin. Splinter and April are gonna wrap presents and we are gonna decorate the dojo."

"Okay." Leo yawned, slowly getting up and resting Yin's head on the pillow he used, breathing out a sigh of relief that he didn't wake her up. "Let's do this."

"How did training her go, last night, Leonardo?" Splinter asked him as they all went to the dojo to get started.

"It went great", he replied, setting up a table and putting a cloth over it. "She learns well. By watching others, especially."

"She does." Splinter nods, sitting down next to April and helping her out. "It will do her good later in life."

Leo nodded. "Yeah. Hey-! Mikey, watch it!" He shouted at his brother who threw a party hat at him. "You almost took my eye out."

"Sorry, dude", Mikey laughed.

"Quiet down, you guys", April snapped. "We wouldn't want her waking up and finding out what we're doing!"

"What all did you and Mikey get her, April?" Donnie asked.

"A good deal on a decent phone, two casual outfits and two pajama sets, two pairs of shoes, two hoodies, and I have a feeling she loves art so I got her a sketchbook, mechanical pencils, and colored pencils."

"Also, we snuck on Donnie's laptop and found her old home and we went there and got her old stuffed animal back!" Mikey grinned widely.

Donnie sighed and laughed light-heartedly. "I won't be mad this time."

"She's gonna love that", Splinter smiled warmly at his son. "We're gonna save that one for last."

***

Yin woke up at 9:00am. Huh, Leo isn't there. They must be training. She got up and walked over. She heard the hushed voices of April and the others.

"Here she is!" April.

"Places, everyone!" Donnie? Huh.

"Guys? What's going..." She stopped and saw what's in front of her.

"Happy birthday, Yin!" they all shouted.

"G-Guys...", Yin started to cry. Happy tears, this time. "You didn't have to."

"Of course, we did", Raph put his hands on his hips. "You're not as bad as I thought."

Aww, that's nice. "Thanks, Raph."

One by one, April and Mikey took turns handing her a gift. Everyone was wearing smiles! Yes, even Raphael was too. And Splinter handed her the last gift.

She shook the box. "Hmmm."

"You'll love it!" Mikey squeaked. "Can't. Contain. Excitement!!"

"Can't wait!" Yin tore away the paper and when she opened the box, she instantly started crying. "My...my stuffed animal... How did you guys find it?"

"April and I went on Donnie's laptop and got into the TCRI files and found your name, your old address. Ta-da!" Mikey beamed, truly proud of himself.

Yin snatched Mikey and April into a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"