C.29

"Kai... What does 'I love you' mean?" The kitten looked at his penguin friend, who had been paralyzed by the question, while he calculated what his answer would be.

"Isn't that what Yeonjun-hyung always tells us?" Soobin asked, stopping the caresses he was giving to his long ears. Kai nodded.

"Yes, it is... but I don't know how to define it" he said a little out of frustration.

Beomgyu pouted slightly. It had been a few days since Taehyun had said those words, and as much as they made him feel nice inside, it was something he couldn't define and didn't understand much of.

"What if you look for it in that thing Yeonjun-hyung gave you?" Soobin asked, moving a little closer to Kai.

"On Siri?" Soobin nodded.

Kai looked around until he found the small device hidden under the bed, placed his finger on the single circular button on the front, and pressed for a moment until the screen changed.

"Hi, Siri" he greeted her.

"Hello, Hyuka" the female voice responded, Beomgyu raised his eyebrows at the surprising voice coming from that small device.

Kai was fascinated by how Siri was always patient with him and never got upset, even when he bombarded her with questions, she always answered everything.

"Siri, what does 'I love you' mean?" he asked her. There was a second of silence until the voice spoke again:

"-I love you: expresses the feeling of love to another. -I love you is the simplest and most direct way to express the feeling of love towards another person. According to Erich Fromm, loving means giving yourself to the other in an act of faith"

The three looked at each other, Beomgyu carrying with a frown.

"What is an 'Act of faith'?" asked the kitten.

"Siri, what is an 'Act of faith'?" Kai asked again.

"-Act of faith- is believing in something even though there are no indications that what you believe is real. It is believing in something that cannot be seen, being certain that something will come into your life even though you have not seen it yet. "

Again, the three looked at each other, Beomgyu taking a few seconds to put both definitions together.

"So..." the black-haired boy began. "'I love you' means that Hyunnie loves me... And that she does it even if I don't exist?" he finished saying.

I didn't make much sense of it.

"I don't think that's what it means" Soobin said, the other two looked at him. "I think that the 'act of faith' refers to loving the other, even if you don't see them, that is, they are not together... And with the part of believing in something that is not seen it should refer to believing in love, love is not seen"

The other two continued in silence, looking at the rabbit, thinking about his words.

Soobin felt like he had said something wrong and his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"It makes sense," Kai finally said. "I love Yeonjun, and he's not with me right now" Soobin nodded, totally agreeing.

"I love Taehyun even if he's not with me" Beomgyu murmured.

"Then Taehyun deserves an 'I love you' " Kai said, smiling widely. "Have you told him?"

Beomgyu denied.

"But he did tell me, once," said the kitten.

"Once?" the other two asked, Beomgyu nodded.

"Before, he used 'I love you' as affection," said the kitten. "A few days ago he said 'I love you' in a loving way, but he didn't use it again, he continued with 'I love you' as affection"

The other two looked at each other.

"Siri, what does 'I love you' mean as affection?" Kai asked.

"I love you in the form of affection is, for example, having affection or loving someone or something: "No matter what you do, I will always love you"; "You have no idea how much I love my dog", "The first time he told me he loved me, he changed my world. On a hypothetical scale, affection is a less profound feeling than love" it responded after a second of silence.

The three looked at each other, Beomgyu's little ears began to descend little by little, remaining on the sides of his head, in a sad gesture.

"Affection is less than loving," Beomgyu murmured.

"Stupid Siri," Kai growled, throwing the device over his shoulder, falling onto the bed.

"Sorry?" they heard the voice say. "Silence! You and your stupid definitions made Beomie cry" the penguin told him.

"I'm not crying," the kitten complained, although he felt like it.

Soobin approached him, stroking his hair and ears, and Beomgyu raised his gray eyes at him.

"Don't pay attention to Siri" said the rabbit. "Sometimes it doesn't understand real life"

"Soobie's right" Kai said. "At first Yeonjun also used 'I love you' in affection way, then he changed to 'I love you' in loving way, but it was little by little, first he said it once, he continued with that 'I love you' and then he started to say 'I love you' in loving way more often," he said.

Soobin nodded.

"Sometimes he still uses 'I love you' in affection way" said the brunette, continuing to cuddle Beomgyu's little head, which began to emit a low purr.

"Taehyun-hyung already told you the first 'I love you' in loving way Gyu, is the most important, and you should know that there will only be more to come" Kai spoke.

The kitten didn't respond, he let his purrs increase in volume, making his other two friends smile at the cuteness of that sound.