C.26

After that whole scene, the homework was more than forgotten

The four of them sat on the couch, although there was only room for three butts on it, so luckily for Beomgyu, Taehyun patted his lap, inviting him to sit on it, the kitten didn't hesitate.

His cheeks flushed when Taehyun wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his cheek against the hybrid's arm, to look at his classmate and his hybrid.

"I rescued Jake from an illegal nightclub." Heeseung said, the hybrid seemed to shrink in place, looking down at his lap, the taller one noticed it right away, and approached him, wrapping one arm around his waist while holding his hand with the other hand, as a consolation. "It's not nice to talk about... A lot of things happen in that place, the least terrible thing would be a rape" he said, he had lowered his tone of voice, as if that would soften what his words said.

Taehyun couldn't help but look at Jake with some pity.

"But he's with me now," Heeseung said, his tone more cheerful. "That's the important thing" He noticed Jake smile slightly, he raised his head, looking at the boy, he left a small kiss on the older's cheek, making him smile widely.

Beomgyu widened his eyes in surprise at that. Taehyun had never kissed him in front of other people, it had only been that kiss in front of Yeonjun, and that had unfortunately made things worse.

He looked down at his lap, saw Taehyun's hands, which were warmly surrounding his stomach, making it feel nice, but it felt forced after all.

"Jake and you are dating?" Taehyun asked.

They both nodded, confidently, with a proud smile.

Suddenly both Taehyun and Beomgyu were uncomfortable.

"Don't you think it's weird that your boyfriend is a hybrid?" the brunette asked.

The other three present frowned, and for a moment Beomgyu wanted to free himself from Taehyun's grip and get out of there.

"Those ideas are very old for someone of your age, Taehyun" Heeseung said. "Listen, I haven't told anyone this... But my father was a hybrid, my mother was human, and they suffered a lot from their relationship, enough to separate"

Taehyun was beyond surprised.

"S-Sorry, Heeseung" he mumbled.

"It's not because of you, seriously, but people who think like that bother me"

Heeseung said, his tone was almost furious, you could tell he was making an effort to maintain his composure.

"What do you think is strange about dating someone?" Taehyun didn't know if he wanted to answer. "Just because they're cute little animals? Are you one of those idiots who talks about zoophilia when referring to hybrids? They're people! It's totally okay to date people!" What sounded like a growl rose from his throat and he immediately covered his mouth, letting go Jake of his hand.

"It's okay, love" his hybrid spoke, turning towards him to rub his arms lovingly, leaving short kisses on his cheeks, calming him.

It took Heeseung a moment to finally drown out his internal growls, he sighed to calm himself.

"I'm sorry, it happens to me when I get really angry" said the taller one. "Don't take it personally, it's a delicate topic" he added, Taehyun nodded.

He didn't mean anything, now he felt something intimidated

"May I ask what that was?" he murmured, seconds later, in the middle of a tense silence.

"My father is a dog hybrid, a Great Dane, my mother is human," he said. "Normally, people with parents like mine have as many chances of being born hybrids as they do not. You see, I'm not a hybrid, but a part of me has hybrid genes, I have something like an "inner animal", a dog, a Great Dane, like my father" he said. "When I get really angry I usually bark or growl, I don't control it very well" he finished, scratching the back of his neck with some embarrassment, Taehyun nodded.

"Again, don't take it personally, Taehyun" Heeseung said again. "And don't tell anyone, about all this, it's my biggest secret"

"I won't Heeseung" the brunette spoke confidently. "Also, I'm somewhat similar to you in this aspect" he looked at Beomgyu for a moment, making everyone's gaze fall on him.

The hybrid had his tail bristled, and it moved restlessly.

Heeseung laughed a little.

"I'm sorry, Beomgyu, I didn't mean to scare you" he apologized, the kitten just nodded. "Your hybrid is seriously adorable," he said, looking at Taehyun.

The boy was proud of his hybrid.

Beomgyu opened his eyes and his mouth a little in surprise when he felt his human's lips on his cheek.

The first kiss in days.

The blush rose to his face quickly.

"Yes, he is"