C.20

Even before reaching the stairs, Taehyun noticed Beomgyu's dark, messy hair nestled in Kai's lap.

"Beomgyu~~!" His scream made Kai jump, causing Beomgyu to snap awake, looking around in confusion. "Kitten!" He shouted again, rushing down the stairs.

When Beomgyu focused his gaze on Taehyun, his ears perked up, images of the previous night flashed through his mind, and his tail bristled in fear.

Hyuka noticed the change in Beomgyu, and stood up in an attempt to growl at Taehyun, but the brunette ignored him completely, pushing him a little to go towards his kitten, hugging him tightly against him.

Beomgyu tensed up at the contact, wanting to escape from the hug, Taehyun smelled even worse than the night before, and that strange moment was relived in his mind, he began to shake hard, while he bit his lip hard, holding back the pitiful meows of help that I wanted to release.

"Beomie, Beomie, kitten..." Taehyun sobbed into the hybrid's shoulder, who felt the hug too tight, and couldn't fill his lungs with the air he needed. "I love you so much, kitten, I love you like you have no idea.... What would I be without you, kitten"

Beomgyu felt his eyes squint over, his owner spoke with so much pain, his crying could not be contained either, and he felt the body of the other tremble with even more force than his.

A part of him was uncomfortable with such closeness, it was that part that reminded him of what had happened yesterday and the fear he had felt.

But another part of him had been looking for that hug for quite some time, he was looking for the characteristic affection of his human and he never wanted to be let go.

He trembled to the tips of his ears, now down, somewhat hidden among his messy hair, he closed his eyes tightly and a pitiful meow emerged from his lips.

"Gyu?" Taehyun pulled away, looking at his kitty's face, the hybrid gave him that fear-filled look that he had recorded that morning and he knew he was doing something wrong. "No, no, kitten, calm down, no, no- I'm not going to do anything to you" he murmured, trying to control his sobs, while he caressed Beomgyu's pale cheeks, his hair and his ears, although nothing seemed to calm him down, the kitten began to breathe more often agitated, as his little eyes began to release tears.

Taehyun felt terrible, causing so much fear in his cute kitty, he started to deny.

"No, Beomgyu, no, don't worry, it's me, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you that badly, I'm sorry" he hugged him, wanting him and wanted to get away at the same time, he didn't want to do more harm than he had already done, he moved away a little, he was when he saw the purple marks on the hybrid's pale neck. "Did I do that?" He murmured, lightly touching the hickeys, he felt Beomgyu shiver at his touch. "I'm sorry, Beomgyu, I'm really, really sorry... I was an idiot, I couldn't control myself, I'm sorry, forgive me, please" he begged with all his heart. If there was something worse than Beomgyu having actually died, it was that, that he was afraid of him and that he didn't love him anymore, and he wanted to cry hard.

Beomgyu didn't respond, and Taehyun felt the silence like stabs, he wanted to cry even more.

It was long seconds until Beomgyu leaned towards him a little, nuzzling his nose against his neck.

"You smell horrible," the kitten muttered, making Taehyun laugh.

"I'm taking a bath right now, dear," said the brunette, lightly pampering his kitty's ears, feeling him relaxing more and more.

Beomgyu left, leaving him in the arms of his owner, his Taehyun, the one he loved and missed so much, had returned, only his smell was still strange, but it was him.

He let himself rest with his head on the human's shoulder purring.