𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

[unedited]

"It's bad enough she's sneaking in at night, now they've gotta make a whole show of it?" Wyatt grumbled as he handed Molly her coffee, the couple disgusted by Jess and Shane's very public show of affection

"That's like your biggest trick." Molly said, linking her hand in his as they headed out of the diner.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Wyatt asked, his brows furrowing at his girlfriend. He pushed the door open with his free hand, letting her walk out before him.

"Oh, c'mon, you used to do that shit. He's trying to get a rise out of Rory. Same thing you did Mr Man Whore." She stated with a smile, now unbothered by the memories of his previous behavior.

"You think Rory will fall for him?" The blond questioned, unable to stop himself from swinging their hands between them.

"Jess isn't that bad. I mean, I prefer him over Dean." Molly made sure to check for cars before dragging Wyatt across the street. "However, if my sister is happy.. then so am I." Molly told him with a sincere smile. No matter how much she despised Dean, if he's who her sister decided to be with then she would have to live with that.

"Deans not exactly winning boyfriend of the year." Wyatt scoffed, remembering how Dean brushed him off so quickly at their birthday. He was only trying to make sure Rory had a good time as well and Dean bailed.

"Nope. You are." Molly turned to him as they hit the sidewalk kissing him quickly. But not before Miss Patty had seen.

"Let me see the ring!" Miss Patty exclaimed as she rushed towards the couple. Molly stood with confusion until the woman reached for her left hand.

Miss Patty gasped out, "that's real alright." The woman stared at the diamond with amazement. "I knew you two would end up together. I remember when you took ballet and all you could talk about was this one." Miss Patty said to the couple, smiling at them and almost looking as if she were going to cry.

"Patty, it's only a promise ring." Wyatt told her and the woman shrugged.

"And soon it'll be an engagement and then eventually a wedding band." Miss Patty responded, giving Molly's hand a squeeze before finally letting go. "Oh, what will I do next year with you two gone?" She asked and Molly felt her heart sink. Will she be gone?

"Don't worry, Patty." Wyatt assured the woman, "we'll stop by later, maybe we could get Babette out for a drink." He winked to the woman, tugging Molly's hand to get her to walk away.

"I'll call her." Miss Patty winked back and Molly stiffled a laugh.

"Remind me to never leave you two alone." Molly joked as they walked down the sidewalk. She had been craving the bakery's cinnamon rolls for several days and Wyatt had promised to take her.