𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

[unedited]

With summer coming to a quick start, Molly had managed to regain her mothers trust enough to get ungrounded

With summer coming to a quick start, Molly had managed to regain her mothers trust enough to get ungrounded. She had missed out on spring break, had only been able to see them at school and late nights when they'd sneak through her window. Except, there hadn't been too many visitors through her window.

Wyatt was the person who she had expected to see the most once grounded but after their fight, she hadn't seen much of him. Her own boyfriend had only called her once a week, even then they were short and not entirely sweet. Instead, she had spent most of her time babysitting Hazel and playing the Goo Goo Dolls newest album on repeat.

Now, with her freedom back, she felt more alone than ever. Izzy had been distant since Ashley's dad had gone through with his plan of sending her to boarding school. She had no one. Beau was with the boys most days and when he was around he would look at her different. Everything was different.

Walking up to the diner with her headphones on, she hesitated to walk inside. She could see Wyatt working behind the counter, it didn't feel right not talking to him. So, she walked in, the same way she would've before everything changed.

"Coffee me, Danesy." Molly smiled as she set her walkman onto the counter. He stopped, his pen stuck between his teeth and notepad in hand.

He spat the pen out, letting it drop to the floor, "got it." Wyatt mumbled, turning to get the coffee and her mug.

"I'm ungrounded now, so if you wanna hang out we can—"

"I've got a shift at gypsys after this." He interrupted, his face emotionless with his response.

"Oh.. right." Molly nodded, accepting the mug from him. "Do you know if Carters doing anything? He hasn't been, um, answering." She tapped her fingers along the mug, riddled with anxiety.

Wyatt suddenly seemed interested, "he's not answering?"

"No.. but he could just be with Ryan or something." She shrugged, swirling her mug around as she felt his eyes burn into the side of her head.

"Have you tried calling Ryan?" Wyatt asked, his voice softer than it had been before.

Molly shook her head, "don't want to bother him, he's been pretty—"

"Molly! Thank god you're here!" Her head shot up at the voice, joined by the cries of the baby. That answers her question. "She's been crying all morning and I've fed her, changed her, checked her temperature and—"

"Alright, I've got her." Molly took the baby with ease, the cries soothing almost instantly as she held Hazel against her chest.

"I don't get it, why does she like you more than me?" Ryan muttered, his head falling to the counter with a sigh of exhaustion.