𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

[unedited]

Molly had sat through her test in silence, finishing it before time was up

Molly had sat through her test in silence, finishing it before time was up. She opened her sketchbook, relieving her boredom for the next fifteen minutes. She glanced to the seat next to hers, stiffling a giggle as Wyatt drooled over his test. Molly stuck out her foot, kicking his thigh to wake him.

His eyes fluttered open, glaring at her and turning the other way to finish his nap. Molly rolled her eyes, tucking a foot beneath her thigh to get more comfortable.

She felt a poke on her shoulder, "how do you do it?" There was a girl, who had sat behind her most of the semester but never bothered to talk to her.

Molly peaked back with furrowed brows, "do what?" She whispered in return, hoping they didn't catch the attention of their teacher.

"Get the entire hockey team." The girl asked, leaning forward in her desk.

"They're my friends." Molly muttered, turning back to face her desk. She hated when people asked that, as if it wasn't right for them to be friends with her.

The next few minutes went on without distractions, the bell ringing and Molly kicked Wyatt awake again. He shot up with a curse to the girl, grabbing his test and bag. Molly laughed all the way up to the bin where they handed in their tests.

"Let me guess, up all night talking to your boyfriend?" Molly asked, taking hold of Wyatt's backpack to guide him into the direction of their next class.

"No." He answered, but he couldn't lie for shit. "Fuck off." Wyatt groaned, swatting her hand off his bag.

"Oh, to be young and in love." Molly sang out with a giggle. Wyatt reached over, flicking her arm as they walked through the hall, her hand smacking his away only for him to continue. "Dude, sto—oh, my, god." Molly grabbed his wrist, stopping dead in her tracks and she pulled him towards the lockers.

"What are you—oh!" His voice squeaked, body turning to run in fear he had done something. Wyatt hadn't done anything illegal in the last twenty-four hours. Sure, he had a bit of a spicy phone csll with his boyfriend, but other than that, he was innocent.

"What did you do?" Molly asked, her jaw tight as the blond shrugged.

"Seriously, I didn't—Jess." Wyatt said, looking to Molly with wide eyes and they pair let out sighs. Luke was storming through the hall, rushing towards the principal's office where he had been several times before for Wyatt.

"What do you think he did?" Molly asked, the pair turning back towards their class when they realized Wyatt, for the first time ever, wasn't the cause of Luke stomping through the halls.

"Who the hell cares?"

"Do I actually have to read this book or is there a movie?" Ryan asked, sprawled out on Mollys bed with Lord of the Flies open in his hand. He had been flipping back and forth through the pages, not picking up a single word as he sighed dramatically for the last ten minutes.