𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

the lunch tray

the lunch tray

Wyatt walked up to the Gilmore house, standing in the backyard staring up at Molly's closed window with rocks in his hands. The girl hadn't shown at the Diner that morning, leaving him to get into his car and drive to her house, fifteen minutes before the bell rang. He threw the first rock, hitting the center of the window with ease, but no movement came from behind.

So, he threw another.

And another.

Then one last rock and the window flew open, a fiery girl sticking her head out the window. Her red hair was tossed over, curls flaring up like flames to match her angry eyes. He dropped the remaining pebbles to the ground, shielding his hand over his eyes as he stared up at her with a lopsided smile.

"Wakey-wakey, school starts in fifteen!" Wyatt yelled out, picking up the to-go filled with hot coffee that he brought for her. "Now get dressed, I'll be in the car with your coffee!" Molly stared tiredly back at him as he held the cup in the air, walking towards his car.

When the door closed, Molly let out a frustrated sigh, grabbing her deodorant from her dresser and lazily applying it. She threw off her large t-shirt, replacing it with a random shirt she pulled from her closet before tugging on jeans. She rushed to the bathroom, sticking her toothbrush in her mouth and running a wet brush through her hair.

"Shit, shit, shit." Molly ran back to her room, grabbing socks from her drawer as she kept the toothbrush in her mouth. She switched out from tugging on the socks and moving the brush, nearly tripping as she ran for a pair of slip on vans.

"Ten minutes!" Wyatt yelled out, rolling down the window to his car.

"Fuck you!" She yelled back, spitting the tooth paste into the sink before running to her closet for a jacket. She threw her toothbrush back into the cup, tugging on her jacket as she ran down the stairs. By the time she reached the porch, she was practically gasping for air.

"No time for breaks, let's go!" Wyatt snapped out the window repeatedly, rushing her to the the passenger seat. Molly grabbed her skateboard from the porch, running to his car and jumping inside.

"I'm not—" she breathed in deeply, "an athlete."

"I'd hate to see you run suicides." Wyatt muttered, backing out of the driveway as she pulled her seatbelt on.

Molly grabbed her coffee, holding it in her cold hands as they pulled from the driveway. "Should've let me sleep all day." Molly mumbled, laying her head back against the seat and closing her eyes.

"Long night?"

"I stayed up talking to Tristan." She answered, a slight smile creeping on her face.

"You've been doing that a lot lately." Wyatt said, turning off her street and into town.