𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

Walking into the diner, Molly was met with an array of townspeople, all seated with a cup of coffee and breakfast

Walking into the diner, Molly was met with an array of townspeople, all seated with a cup of coffee and breakfast. She didn't receive her usual welcoming from the owner though. Instead, Luke was stood behind the counter with the phone pressed to his ear. He'd been nodding repeatedly, as if the person on the other end could see him. Yet, she caught sight of the cracking smile on his face.

The teen was curious to say the least, "Lucas, you got a girlfriend?" She teased, leaning over the counter and peaking to see the brewing coffee beneath the pot.

He held up his hand, which only annoyed her and she was tempted to grab the phone for herself. Whoever he was talking to must've had a lot to say, as Luke was barely able to utter a word.

"I'm glad you're making friends. You'll have to invite Charlie to come eat at the diner when you get back." Luke said, and Molly's face scrunched as she thought of who he could've been talking to.

Then she smiled, walking around the counter and reaching for the phone. Luke was tall though, turning away as she tried to grab it from him.

"C'mon, you've got customers to tend to." She whined out, jumping at his back as he faced the wall.

"You take whatever orders I have, I haven't talked to my kid in weeks." Luke retorted, waving the girl away and she groaned out. "He just said you called him a few days ago."

Molly sighed in defeat, "fine but at least tell him I said hi." Luke gave her a thumbs up, but didn't bother to tell the boy right away.

The red head grabbed her notepad, taking the pen from on the register and started making her rounds. She gotten used to working in the diner and although she wasn't officially hired in, she'd call it her first job. Luke had still payed her for the time she did, he'd even let her start brewing the coffee pots and stocking pastries.

Molly was about to wipe down a freshly cleared table when she noticed Jess walking out from the loft. The rag in her hands was tossed over, hitting the boy in the chest.

"Slacker." She grinned as he glared back at her.

"Suck up." He muttered, and the girl flipped up her middle finger, quickly sitting behind the counter to drink her coffee.

Luke handed her a plate of french toast, "which table?" Molly asked, starting to stand with the plate.

"It's yours." Luke stated, setting a bottle syrup in front of her.

"Oh, thank you."

Molly sat eating her breakfast, going back and forth from chewing to sketching. She had her music playing, drowning out the voices around her. The headphones were pulled down though, and she nearly yelled at the person who sat beside her.