𝘁𝘄𝗼

the mediator

the mediator

Molly was laid out on her stomach, a pen clicking in her hand as she stared at her math homework. Wyatt and Izzy were sat on the floor of Wyatt's now somewhat clean room, attempting to finish his several undone assignments. It was a Thursday night and the three hadn't had any plans, resulting in Izzy forcing them to sit down and actually do the school work they'd been holding off.

"What's the answer to number two?" Molly asked, biting down at the end of the pen.

"Fifteen." Wyatt answered without hesitation, Izzy wacking him in the arm with her notepad. "What? She asked!" He defended himself, moving away slightly as he received a glare from her.

"You're only on question two? We've been sitting here for thirty minutes." Izzy said, getting up from beside Wyatt and making her way over to Molly, glancing down at her nearly blank paper.

"Algebra is hard! I mean, who the hell decided to put letters into math? I just wanna—" Molly made a fist with her hand, pretending to punch someone.

"Well, I'm pretty sure the person who invented it is dead." Izzy informed her, laying down beside her and taking the pen from Molly's hand.

"Then I'll see him in hell." Molly muttered, rolling onto her back and letting out a dramatic sigh. "This is why Rory got into Chilton and I'm stuck here, she took all the smart braincells and left me with— well, like four." She let her hands dangle from the bed, pushing her feet against the headboard as she stared at the ceiling.

"You are smart." Izzy claimed, Molly turned to give her a look of disbelief. "Isn't she?" Izzy questioned to Wyatt, who had tried to zone himself out of the conversation, pretending to be interested in his work.

"See, Wyatt also thinks I'm dumb." Molly said, causing the blonde to look up from his paper.

"I'm not a part of this." Wyatt claimed, turning away from the two. "But you're not dumb, you're just lazy!"

"I'm not too lazy to come over there and—"

Wyatt's bedroom door swung open, a displeased Luke standing in the frame. The three froze, feeling as if they were in trouble, though they hadn't done anything wrong.

"Molly, your mother is threatening me, so please get downstairs." Luke said, the redhead sighed out, sliding herself off the bed and grabbing her bag and homework. Luke glanced down at his son, seeing him focused on the paper and his eyes widened, "did they bribe you?"

"Yeah." Wyatt answered, stuffing the paper into his folder as Molly began to leave the room. "Don't forget about tonight!" He called out, earning a thumbs up in return as Molly and Luke exited the loft.

"What's tonight?" Luke asked, following the teen down the steps to the diner.

Molly grinned, "you really think I'll tell you?"