𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

[unedited]

music and cinnamon rolls

"What are you doing here? I thought you had dinner with you grandparents." Wyatt asked, seeing Molly walk through the diner doors.

"I'm sick—" she faked a cough, "Emily might catch a cold if I go." Molly joked, setting her things onto the table and shrugging off her coat.

"How'd you convinced Lorelai of that?" Wyatt asked, going back to spraying down the table he'd previously been cleaning.

"I told her the truth, that I didn't want to go after last time." Molly shrugged, taking seat and grabbing out a menu as if she hadn't already known it by heart.

"I'm kinda surprised she agreed to that." Wyatt said, quickly wiping down the table before throwing the rag onto the counter. "You think Emily will be pissed?"

Molly shrugged, leaning back into her chair, "don't know, don't really care. I bet she hasn't even noticed I'm not there." She responded, kicking her feet onto the chair across from her as Wyatt made his way behind the counter. "Can I borrow your car tomorrow?"

"For what?" He asked, taking a slice of pie out for her. "Coffee?"

"Going to Hartford." She answered, holding out a mug for him to fill as he set the pie in front of her.

"I can take you after hockey." Wyatt said, Molly frowned, stabbing her fork into the fruit stuffed dish.

"I actually need it to, um, meet up with Tristan." She mumbled, not bringing her eyes to meet his.

"Right, why can't you take the jeep?"

"Because I told my mom I'd be at Izzy's tomorrow, so if I take the jeep she'll know I wasn't." Molly said, glancing up to him, watching his jaw lock as he nodded unsurely. "Please, WD?" Molly stuck out her bottom lip, the blonde let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine, but you better fill the tank when you're done." He muttered out, throwing her the keys from his pocket.

"You're the best." She smiled up to him, only to receive a face of displeasure. "Are you—"

"Goldie locks! Guess— oh, you're here." Izzy exclaimed as she bursted into the diner, holding an envelope in her hands. She quickly hid it as she noticed Molly, stuffing it under her shirt, lacking subtlety.

"What's that?" Molly asked, pointing to her best friends hidden hands.

Izzy's brows furrowed as she moved over to the table, not daring to turn her back towards Molly, "what's what?"

"What you're holding, you came in here ready to— wait, are you guys hiding something from me?"

Izzy and Wyatt quickly looked to each other with wide eyes, the blonde rolling his blue iris' back and snatching the envelope from the girl. He set it onto the counter, grinning as Molly waited for an answer—which she didn't receive.