𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆

[unedited]

When the basket hit her bed, Molly was caught by surprise, her music stopping her from being able to hear when her mother and sister arrived home

When the basket hit her bed, Molly was caught by surprise, her music stopping her from being able to hear when her mother and sister arrived home. Tugging the headphones from her ears, the teen looked to her mother with confusion. The basket wasn't very big, but had a plaid ribbon tied through the weaved wood.

"What's this?" Molly asked, still holding the pencil between her fingers over her unfinished homework.

"A basket." Lorelai answered dumbfounded, walking further into the room until she was sat on the edge of the bed. "Fill it for tomorrow." Molly rolled her eyes, she never did this stupid benefit, one of the few she hadn't really cared for.

"I'm not letting some guy bid on me." Molly muttered, moving to put her headphones back over her ears.

"Sweetheart, you've got guys chasing their tails for you. Fill it." Lorelai urged, nudging her daughters knee with her own.

Molly toyed with her new necklace, "I don't know know, mom.. what if the wrong guy bids on me?" The woman seemed to fall into deep thought, caught by surprise.

"There's a wrong guy?" Molly sighed with a shrug, "give it a try. Whats the worst that could happen?"

"Carrots? That's so—" Wyatt glared as he looked at the spread on the counter. "Why carrots? And are those bell peppers?" She was beginning to regret asking him for help. He agreed not to bid on her basket, since he was the one helping make it. But Molly sort of wanted him to bid on it anyway.

"You've got a target audience, don't you?" Wyatt asked, pointing to the one thing she had bought for the basket. "I mean, Molls, you got gummy bears. Don't think I don't know what that means." Her shoulders fell, an ache spreading through her chest as he reached over to squeeze her shoulder.

"What if he doesn't bid on it? I'm gonna look stupid." Molly rubbed her eyes from the tears that threatened to build.

"He's gonna bid." Wyatt assured, eyes squinting with a slight frustration. "And if he doesn't, I will personally kick his ass."

She let out a quiet giggle, "I get it, you would kick anyone's ass for me." Molly took out a knife from the holder, placing the pepper onto the cutting board.

"You say that like you don't think I would." Wyatt looked genuinely offended, propping his hands on his hips as he watched her slice open the pepper with a smile.

"I know you would, Wyatt." Molly mumbled, chewing the inside of her lip, fighting her smile.

"Ugh! You're doing it wrong." He grumbled, stepping behind her, "so, you always want to hold it like this.." his arms wrapped over her own, his chest pressing firmly to her back as his hands went over her own.