𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

the walk-man

the walk-man

The town of Stars Hollow had been quiet to Molly Gilmore as the days passed. The questions of why the two with the most unbreakable bond had suddenly, broken, had started to dissolve. Everything had began to change, a shift in her once loved routine now forming into one recycled schedule.

School had started to occupy most of her time, with spring break passing and summer break at bay, she kept herself occupied with homework. Rory helped with most of it, though they still had clear tension between them.

Some days were good, they went by smoothly as she listened to old mixtapes. Other days, the songs made her break down and she couldn't move from her bed.

She had gone to the diner almost every day. Most days, Wyatt wasn't there, too preoccupied with whatever sporting event he had that day. On days he was there, he filled her coffee, greeting her as if she had been any other costumer.

He never met her eyes though, too afraid he'd fall all over again only to be reminded. She wasn't his. He was reminded of that each time he saw her walk into the diner and that night played over in his head.

Izzy had tried to mend their relationship, talking to both of them individually but the damage was done. One too guilty and the other too heartbroken.

The skateboard wheeled across the concrete, Molly keeping steady over each crack she rode over. The parking lot was crowded with teens, all dreading walking inside. She had her headphones on, but nothing played from the walk-man. She couldn't bring herself to press play today.

"Hey, Gilmore!" She heard her name being called out, but pretended as if she couldn't hear them. "Yo, ginger!" Her eyes rolled back, kicking her board faster.

"You gotta actually—" she was stopped as a boy stood in front of her, his vasity jacket and smug grin only irritating her. "Hey, ginger, how's it going?"

"Piss off." She muttered, kicking up her board into her hands.

"Woah, woah.. not so fast, Gilmore." The other said, she'd recognized him from one of Beau's parties, but couldn't place a name.

"What do you want?" She questioned, glaring at both of boys.

"Fiesty little cat, huh?" The one in the jacket laughed as he pointed to her red hair, "get it cause—"

"Ethan." The other warned, not finding his comments funny. "We just wanted to distract you." He told her, smiling wide as her brows furrowed, backing away slowly.

"Hey, Gilmore!" She turned around cautiously, hearing the familiar voice. As she turned, she tugged down her headphones, now breaking out into a fit of laughter.