𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

prep school

prep school

Molly sat in the passenger seat of her mother's jeep as they drove to pick Rory up from hee first day at Chilton. She'd gotten out of school early due to someone pulling the fire alarm. Lorelai had been convinced that her daughter had pulled the alarm, though unexpectedly it hadn't been her.

"Then who was it? Did blondie do it?" Lorelai questioned as they pulled into the long drive of Chilton high. Molly struggled to hide her smile at the question, giving her mother as much of an answer as she needed. "Should've known." Lorelai laughed lightly, parking the car in the front of the school.

Chilton had been nearly identical to how Molly pictured it, the eerie effect of midieval gargoyles and old stone walls leaving her grateful for not attending. The endless amounts of stuck up rich kids that piled out of it only adding to her disgust as she stepped from the car. Molly had been dressed in her normal attire, her knee-ripped jeans and zeppelin shirt sticking out in the crowd of plaid skirts and blazers.

"Do you see your sister?" Lorelai asked as they sat themselves on the backend of the jeep.

"I see prissy bi—"

"Keep it in, firecracker, we're amongst the future presidents." Lorelai stated with a sarcastic 'awe' tone, taking a drink from her coffee.

"She's probably lost, and I have a full bladder so I'm gonna see if I can find a bathroom." Molly told her, setting down her own empty coffee cup.

"I think there's one when you first walk in." Lorelai told her, receiving a thumbs up from her daughter as she began to walk towards the doors.

She tried to make herself go unnoticed, but it had been obvious she'd stuck out like a neon sign. The stares from the prep students unphasing to her as she hadn't cared, it wasn't as if she'd attended Chilton or ever intended to. When she entered the school, she had no direction as to which way lead to the restrooms— leaving her clueless in the crowded hall.

"Ya lost, red?" Molly was startled by the voice addressing her, her gaze being brought up to a tall blonde, attired in the same boring uniform. His hair was short, spiking up as if he'd only used his hand to style it, his charms not going unnoticed by Molly. He wore a curious look, a smirk hidden behind it as he stared her down.

"Yeah, do you guys have bathrooms or are you too good for them?" Molly questioned, though she'd practically insulted him, he let out short laugh.

"Down the hall, on the left." He answered, and she began to walk away, being pulled back by his hand grasping her arm. "I'm Tristan—" he paused, waiting for her name but she only nodded in return, unimpressed. "And you are?"

"About to piss my pants in this hall if you don't let go." She retorted, his hand falling from her arm and she shoved her way through the crowd. Molly grinned as she got a distance away, turning back quickly, "Molly Gilmore!" She yelled to him, watching as his face lit with a smile.