𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

mommy issues

mommy issues

Friday night dinners without Richard were quieter than Molly would've thought. The man had rarely put any input into the usual conversations held at the table, yet it seemed his lack of presence brought out the uncomfortable silence in the dining room. The sound of forks scraping onto their plates and the faint vacuum growling from the livingroom were the only thing Molly could focus on.

She'd been forced to attend each dinner, Emily unamused with her not showing weeks prior. The woman still rarely cared to meet her attention, despite her incessant nagging to get her to come. Even with her mother and sister there, the room was still tense. Lorelai and Molly had barely spoken a word in the three weeks of her being on house arrest, Molly having refused to give her mother any reason to believe she'd made a point.

Lorelai hadn't known of her recent relationship developments either, she hadn't realized Molly had snuck out of her room nearly every night. She also hadn't noticed the same Mercedes that had drove past their house three times in the last week after dropping Molly off.

"Molly." The red head sat up straight as she heard her name, believing to have been slouching too much. "How's that boyfriend of yours? Tristan, I believe." Emily asked, Molly looked to her mother as the words left the womans mouth.

Lorelai wasn't phased by the question, "he's not her boyfriend."

"Actually, he is." Molly corrected, what could Lorelai do at dinner? "He's good, haven't really been able to see him though." Molly answered, a sarcastic smile sent directly to her mother who's eyes were close to bulging from their sockets.

"That's a shame, why not?"

"Mom doesn't think I'm old enough to date." Molly answered, a fake frown planted on her face. If anyone were to have a say in whether or not Molly should be grounded, it would be Emily. Molly knew this conversation could go one of two ways, she was just hoping it would go the good way—at least for her.

"Lorelai, she has found herself a good young man—"

"You mean a rich young man?" Lorelai questioned, Emily's eyes went cold for a moment then proceeded to ignore her daughters comment.

"You and Tristan looked like a wonderful fit, Lorelai has no right to believe you're too young to have a boyfriend. At your age she was doing much worse." Emily spoke of her daughter as if she hadn't been in the room, her words purposely targeted at the woman though she'd look straight to Molly with a smile.

Molly couldn't help but to feel a sting of guilt as she noticed her mothers fallen expression, "I think her worries are well intended.. I just wish—"

"Mom, where'd you say dad was again?" Lorelai asked, not wanting to hear the words that we're preparing to leave her daughters mouth.