𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

[unedited]

lovefools

By the time Molly had woken herself up, the clock had read noon. It was the first day of summer vacation and she refused to wake up early on a Monday. She was sure her mother and sister had already gone out, but she had no plans. Other than going to the diner, she thought of shopping too.

She took her time getting dressed, pulling on a cami and cargo shorts. Her walkman was at her bedside, her mother having given it back the night before. Lorelai thought it was pointless to ground her through the summer, knowing she'd do whatever she wanted anyway.

That was if Wyatt decides not to go to camp this year. He went every summer, to a sports camp and each time he came back fitter. She'd noticed it freshman year, when his soft toned body had suddenly formed into defined muscles. She couldn't imagine him getting any more attractive, it was hard enough knowing he'd be switching out his t-shirts with muscle tees soon.

She was tempted to skip the diner today, with her thoughts running wild on the blond. But as she skated along the sidewalk, she stopped at the restaurant anyway. Carrying her board inside, she tugged her headphones over her neck.

"Pause the music too." Luke told her, pointing to the headphones that were blaring with Fleetwood Mac.

"C'mon, it's not even loud." She argued, pausing it anyway as she sat behind the counter. "Where's mini Luke?" Molly asked, reaching for the sugar, waiting for him to get her coffee.

"Mini me?"

"Mhm. Either one." She teased, reaching for the donuts but her hand was hit with a towel.

"It's lunchtime." Luke muttered, "Wyatt's working down at Gypsy's and Jess is god knows where." The man answered, scooping ice with a to go cup and pouring the coffee in. He smiled fondly, offering it to the teen who stared back questionably.

"Did you just try to make ice coffee?" She asked, taking the cup while had still been warm.

"I think it's dumb but it's hot out and I know you're gonna want coffee." He shrugged as she inspected the cup.

"Its watered down now and.." she looked to the man who was rolling his eyes, "I'll just get two cokes and the burgers to go. With fries, lots of fries." Molly smiled widely as she ordered, his eyes going wide.

"Are you stoned?"

"It's for Wyatt too, I'm sure he hasn't eaten yet and— why are you looking at me like that?" It was almost a smile, but like he'd been fighting it back.

"I'm not." He defended, turning away from the girl and towards the kitchen. "I'll get you that food."

"I guess I'll get the soda's!" She sang out, hopping down from the stool and walking behind the counter.