𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

[unedited]

The morning sun that peaked through the cabin windows hit Wyatt with a wave of heat

The morning sun that peaked through the cabin windows hit Wyatt with a wave of heat. The reflections of the light from the lake had made it exponentially hotter in the bunks. Wyatt could barely sleep with the heat, the noises of his cabin mates snores making it impossible to fall back to sleep after waking.

He threw off the thin blanket he had on, letting out a huff of frustration as he moved to climb off the bunk. Checking to see if Charlie was awake, he got his answer by an empty bed.

"Predictable." He chuckled lightly, not bothering to put on a shirt as he went outside. The first thing he noticed was the boy sat at the lake, his feet stuck in the water as he sat on the edge of the dock.

Wyatt slowly made his way over, "going for a swim?" He asked, noticing Charlie's dazed reflection in the water.

"Shit! You scared me." Charlie's hand placed at his chest, breathing heavily. "And I was thinking about it." He shrugged, kicking up the water on his feet.

"I'll join if you do." Wyatt offered, sitting beside the other and tossing his vans on the dock.

The other smiled softly, "you first, Cap."

"Hey, I'm not a captain here." Wyatt grinned, correcting the other though he'd gladly gloat in the name.

"I bet you'll lead the scrimmage, that makes you captain." Charlie leaned over, nudging Wyatt's shoulder with his own. The blond couldn't face him, hiding the red face smile with his attention on the water. "Sorry, um.." Charlie couldn't help but to slide further from the other, fearing that he'd made him uncomfortable.

"Why're you sorry?"

"I don't want you to think I'm flirting with you or-"

Wyatt laughed, his head shaking, "I don't mind." He winked to the other, attempting to lighten the mood. But the blond was a natural flirt, he didn't mind the attention nor giving it back.

"You're confusing." Charlie stated, his brows knitted together.

"Why?"

"The whole 'I'm not gay' but then you act like this." Charlie waved a hand around the other, a sort of hurt in his eyes. He didn't like it, the mixed signals Wyatt had given him the last few weeks of camp.

The first few days after he had told the blond he was gay were dry. They didn't talk much, in fact, Wyatt seemed to avoid him; going back on how he wasn't homophobic. Then one day at practice one of the guys had hit Charlie in a fit of frustration and Wyatt hadn't taken a second to attack him.

They hadn't stopped hanging out since then. The rest of camp secluding them from group activities. Most were jealous of Wyatt, others were disgusting by Charlie. So, the pair stuck together.