𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

[unedited]

Molly was on her way to the diner when she noticed Jess making his way towards her

Molly was on her way to the diner when she noticed Jess making his way towards her. He had a coffee cup in his hand, along with a pastry bag. Only, Molly knew he didn't drink coffee. He was smiling too, which she found odd. Especially as he held the cup out for her as she got closer.

She took the cup, staring at it in confusion, "I'm really picky on how my coffee is—"

"Luke made it, four sugars and two creams, right?" Jess said, turning to walk alongside her. Molly took a sip from the cup, humming happily when it tasted perfect.

"What's with the special treatment?" Molly asked, finding his behavior odd. It wasn't like him to bring her coffee, or even say anything to her outside of the diner.

"I wanted to show you something and knew you wouldn't go unless you had coffee." Molly smiled at that, her cheeks surely turning into a rosey color. She followed Jess into town, stopping as they turned the corner towards Doose's. Fire trucks and cop cars, she didn't think this is what he wanted to show her.

"Ta-da." Or maybe it was.

"Jess, what'd you do?" Molly asked, eyes wide with concern and he took her hand, dragging her towards the crowd. A chalk line and police tape right in front of the market. "Did you.. kill Doose?" She whispered, only to hear the infuriating voice of Taylor freaking out across from her.

Jess pulled her from the crowd, running across the street before the man suspected anything of them.

"No one died, Taylor's been freaking out all morning thinking someone did." He laughed lightly, Molly staring at the scene across the street. Taylor seemed to be shouting, naming a list of who he thought could've faked a crime scene.

"He thinks I did it." Molly mumbled, hoping she didn't get in trouble for something she hadn't done.

"Ah, it's fine, you've got an alibi. Your mom knows you were home last night, right?"

"Yeah but she wouldn't find it hard to believe that I'd sneak out to do this." Molly mumbled, laughing lightly, she didn't really care if Taylor blamed her. The look on his face as he flipped out was pure gold.

"What can he do without proof?"

Molly laughed harder, "he's banned me from his market already because he swears I was riding my board inside. He tried to ban my skateboard from coming into town, because I was being a 'bad influence to the children'. He's accused me of stealing countless of times. Threatened to get me suspended from school solely because he saw me flip off the building. He's—"

"Alright, I get it. Taylor hates you." Jess chuckled, tossing an arm over her shoulder.

"Saying hate is being generous." Molly muttered, shaking the arm off of her. Jess stared with puzzlement, her action harsh but she didn't really care. "I've gotta go, but, hey, thanks for the coffee and a show." She walked backwards, waving to him with the coffee clutched in her hands.