𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

[unedited]

"What's Kirk doing to the jeep?" Molly asked as she walked up the porch, her skateboard in hand

"What's Kirk doing to the jeep?" Molly asked as she walked up the porch, her skateboard in hand. The man had been under the hood, practically tearing the vehicle apart. Her mother and sister were sat on the porch, watching him without a clue.

"Fixing it." Lorelai responded, though it was obvious he had no idea what he was doing.

"I'm calling Wyatt." Molly grumbled, taking out her phone and her mother snatched it away. "Mom, he knows cars, he literally worked at Gypsys over the summer."

Lorelai shook her head, tucking the phone beneath her thigh, "if he comes to fix it he'll make fun of me. He's gonna—"

"He'll do it for free."

"Nope, I'm not having a teenager show me up."

"Instead you're having Kirk destroy the jeep." Rory stated and the woman whined out, tossing her head back. "She's right, Wyatt will work for free." She sang out, the woman shook her head, look to Kirk who had out a tool box, staring at them as if he hadn't known which was which.

"Not doing it." She shook her head.

"Lorelai?" Kirk called out, holding up a cable. "Do you know what this is?"

The woman sighed, taking out the phone and handed it back to Molly, "call him."

Wyatt had shown up no less than ten minutes later, Kirk refusing to leave even as they argued. The three Gilmores had watched from the porch, giggling as the teen swatted Kirks hands each time he tried to help. They'd eventually come to a resolution, where Wyatt decided to guide Kirk through it, showing him how to fix it.

"Hey, Lor?" Wyatt called out, wiping his hands on the rag Kirk handed him.

"Yeah?"

"When's the last time you got your oil changed? Or your brakes?" He asked, her brows furrowed and he laughed. "Jeez, woman, you gotta remember to do that shit." Wyatt walked up to the porch, leaving Kirk to finish off the job he was hired to do.

"It drives fine, just wont start today." She shrugged, Wyatt taking a drink from Molly's water that she set on the table.

"I'm coming over tomorrow with new brake pads and I'm changing that oil." He muttered between drinks, "did you get the homework done for today?"

"Not yet." Molly answered, her bag still set on the steps of the porch.

"Wanna come over and we can do it together?"

Molly hadn't spent too much time in the loft lately, knowing that Jess would be there. They hadn't talked since the night of the carnival, it wasn't awkward but Molly was avoiding it. She didn't know what to do, if it would happen again or if Wyatt would figure it out if he saw them interact.