𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

The more Molly had sat with the hockey team at lunch or gone to their practices, the more they'd acknowledged her as someone other than Wyatts girl

The more Molly had sat with the hockey team at lunch or gone to their practices, the more they'd acknowledged her as someone other than Wyatts girl. Three years she'd gone to Stars Hollow high, not once in those three years had the guys on the sports teams made an effort to talk to her outside of sly comments. She was convinced they hadn't even known her real name.

Now, when Molly had tried to sit at the table where she'd always sat with Izzy and Lane, who had migrated over to the cheer table—the hockey team whined. It was all 'when will we ever be good enough' or 'Gilmore we need you's if she dared walked past.

Even before Beau graduated she didn't dare sit at that table, having always gotten an out of line comment thrown her way. It felt different now, with that senior class out and Wyatt their captain, they behaved themselves.

Mostly.

"Yo, red riding hood, where's the other boyfriend?" Molly heard as she sat down, her lunch tray full of food that she wouldn't eat.

Carter was beside her, already taking out the bag of gummy bears he'd begun to bring daily. However, Wyatt wasn't in his usual seat across from her. Wyatt was always the first one at the table.

"Don' know. I haven't seen him since Art." She answered, taking the gummy bears from Carter and sliding her tray towards him.

"You're not gonna eat?" He asked, earning a simple shake of the head from her.

"I can't stand school lunch, you know this." She reminded and he frowned, "don't worry, I'll fill up on Luke's after school."

"I bet Danesy's with Tara, she's been flirting with him all week." Ryan blurted, reaching over Carter to get a hand full of gummy bears.

Molly smacked Ryans hand away, glancing to Carter who didn't seem to be reacting well to his comment. She wasn't worried though, she knew Wyatt was better than that.

"Don't worry, Wyatt's a lot of things but a cheater isn't one of them." She assured quietly, reaching beneath the table to squeeze his hand.

"Tara really has been extra lately." Sam, a senior on the team stated, eyeing the tray of greasy fries he knew Molly wouldn't touch. "Can I have those?" He asked, pointing to her tray.

"Yeah, go ahead." She went to retract her hand, only for Carter to intertwine their fingers.

The curly haired by leaned over, "is this okay?" He whispered, watching as her sunkissed cheeks reddened with a smile.

"Yeah, this is good." As much as she wanted to stop him, to warn him that she wasn't good; she couldn't. His calloused palms from days of puck handling and working out felt too good in her own soft hands.