39

*three months later*
Hyun's POV
The emptiness just seems to increase daily, each passing day without her is like hell. My heart as heavy as an anvil, I've lost my reason to wake up in the morning, to clean myself up, to bathe or shave.

I think about Lia as I shake the remenants of my ninth bottle of beer this morning. Chugging it down, I place the empty bottle on the pile of empty beer bottles next to the bed I lay on.

The room dark as my soul, the curtains shut, lights turned off and I just lay there shirtless on the bed, staring at the ceiling.
"Get me another bottle!!"
I yell.
In a minute, a maid walks in with a bucket of ice and beer. She trips over and bumps into things as the room is dark.

"Set it down beside the bed"
I say, a bit dizzy.
She sets it down and leaves, shutting the door behind her.
Hearing faint voices from behind the door, I stick my hand into the beer bucket and pullout a bottle, opening it with a bottle opener.

A knock rings around the room followed by a faint 'Hyun'. Mrs Chang is here again. She opens the door and turns on the light.
I groan as the bright light hits my eyes.
She scrunches her nose at the smell of booze that filled the room.
She shakes her head in disappointment and starts towards me.
"My boy, it's been three months now, you've been drinking and lazying around. I'm not saying you should forget about her, it's just, do you think she'll want to see you like this"
She says.

Blinking rapidly to Adjust to the brightness of the room, I look at Mrs Chang.
"I caused this aunt. I let her go, I let her slip away, she's gone aunt, she's gone forever and plus she obviously hates me like shit after what I did to her"
I say in a groggy voice whilst feeling the weight of my words to her the last time we met settle in my stomach.
She crouches down beside me on the bed.
"Honey she loves you. I could see it in her eyes. You two were deeply in love and I can still see the love for her in your eyes."
She says.
"Yes aunt, I love her...I love her so much"
I say as a tear rolls down the side of my face.
"Then you have to be strong for her"
She says.
I nod as she flashes me an encouraging smile.
"Thank you aunt, I don't know what I would do without you"
She smiles and kisses my forehead.
"Go clean yourself up, you smell like shit. Rest for today, no more beer"
She says, picking up the beer bucket and grabbing the one I had already opened before exiting the room.
Getting up, I walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

Lia's POV
It's been three months now, I haven't seen Hyun and it's inwardly killing me. Fortunately, I was able to end everything concerning my parents business. Turns out my parents business earned them billions along with a lot of international connections. By tomorrow, I'll be taking my jet to America.

*The next day*

Neatly folding my clothes and placing them in my suitcase, a knock came from my bedroom door.
"Come in"
I yell.
The door clicks open and I look to see who came in.
"Oh aunt, good morning"
I say to my mum's best friend before taking my attention back to my suitcase.
"Morning Lia. I see you're almost done packing up"
She says, scanning the room almost sadly.

My room is the biggest in the house, the master bedroom. Aunt told me that my mum and dad used to stay in this room whenever they came to Italy.
"Are you sure you want to leave? The mansion is huge and you have it all to your self, you might have ended the family business but with the billions you have can carry your entire lineage, there's no need to leave my dear"
She says sadly.
I sigh and look at her.
"It's not about the wealth aunt, I have a family, friends, I can't just leave them all behind"
I say, sadly remembering Mr and Mrs Grey.
"We can bring them here, they can live with you in this mansion, it has about 50 rooms, a large food supply, heavy security, anything you would ever need"
She says, walking towards me.
"Aunt I can't stop them from doing what they want to do just to come live with me, plus my parents enemies may still be after me and could trace them and aunt...I can't leave Hyun"
I say, my voice a whisper at the mention of Hyun.
"I see you've found love my dear"
She says looking at me with a graceful smile on her face.
I feel my cheeks go hot at her words.
"Who am I to stop you, you see your mom fell in love with your dad during our high school days, ooh what a power couple they were"
She says and giggles softly whilst staring into the distance as if remembering something.
"If you know it's right honey then never give up, I'll help you with your clothes"
She says and walks into the walk-in closet.
-------

"So what are you gonna do now aunt"
I say as we are now at the aeroplane hanger.
"Well I'm moving back to America, I can't stay in that house, it'll be too lonely. I'm putting the house on auction, be ready to get a credit alert"
She says and I giggle.
"Maybe I'll find myself a man as well, after all I need someone to keep me company"
She says and winks at me.
I giggle again at her nasty thoughts.
"Ma'am, we're set"
My bodyguard, Pablo says to me with a smile on his face.
I thank him and give aunt a bone crushing hug.
"Be safe honey"
She says as I free her from the hug.
I nod and Pablo guides me up the stairs of the private jet.

Soon enough we were in the air and on our way to America to meet my parents. Since I came to Italy I hadn't stopped fussing about them but aunt kept telling me they were fine and she had talked to them before coming to get me but I couldn't help but worry.

After meeting them, I'll stay for the day before heading to Korea.