8

Lia's POV
I curl myself up at the corner of the room and close my eyes due to my exceeding hate for the dark,

I definitely should've thought things through before I turned off the lights...

The towering figure crouches before me as I quiver in fear,
"please stay away"
I say in a shaky voice as the figure stands up and turns on the lights. I keep my eyes shut as I feel a grip on my arm and I immediately screech as my mouth is shut by a palm over my mouth. I open my eyes slowly as I see Hyun crouched before me and his usual cold expression glued to his face.
"are you afraid of the dark? "
He asks with a raised eyebrow as he lowers his palm from my mouth, I remain silent because in situations like this, my eyes say more than my mouth can tell. He nods acknowledging my situation, he stands and gestures me to get up while helping me.

He takes me to the bed and I sit down now feeling the weakness from earlier return making my bones feel numb. He hands me a glass of water and I take a sip and return it to him,
"feeling better now?"
He questions, with genuine concern visible in his tone. I nod in response.
"go freshen up, closet's over there"
He says as he points to the direction of the walk-in closet. I nod,
"and bathroom's over there"
He says as he points in the direction of the bathroom door then begins walking away. Thoughts and questions begin storming into my mind but one disturbs me the most.

why am I here?....

Halfway through the door he stops and turns to look at me,
"freshen up and come down stairs, I'll explain everything after dinner "

He says casually with his usual emotionless expression like being possibly kidnapped is a trend.
I get off the bed and head straight for the bathroom to shower. Moments later I come out with a white soft towel wrapped around my body and a black towel on my head, I had used Hyun's shampoo to wash my hair and his body wash to bathe, I must admit, both the shampoo and the body wash give a magnificent scent, they both scent of roses now I scent of roses.

Although, Hyun never scents of roses, his scent is rather divine and quite different from the rose shampoo in his bathroom, but I did see another shampoo and body wash, that must be his, but then who owns the rose shampoo and body wash? , they looked new.

I walk into the closet filled with dozens of clothes and the most of what I could see were suits and coats which were all different  shades of black and plain white button up shirts all on hangers in search of a comfortable wear.

I look around the walking closet for almost ten minutes until I see a little corner at the darker end of the closet where a few joggers and T-shirts were hanged,

Doesn't seem like he stays home much...

I grab an ash joggers and a white T-shirt with a spiderman design on it both twice my size and put them on.

Returning the towels back into the toilet, I step out with the clothes I put on sagging on my body like a new born in it's father's clothes.

Damn, where are my stuff, maybe Hyun will know where it is...

At that thought, I made my way towards the door to meet Hyun downstairs.

Hyun's POV
Sitting in the living room whilst on my phone, a few maids set the table, some in the kitchen making food with Mrs Chang supervising, some cleaning up one of the many guestrooms so Lia can sleep there and not invade in my personal space, some vacuuming parts of my stately home, some doing gardening work and others scattered around doing different cleaning work.

It takes a lot of maids to keep my stately home neat to my taste.

Mrs Chang is a loving and caring woman in her late 50's, she is like a mother to me, she has been a part of my family since I was born and has been taking care of me ever since. Since my request to live alone, my father asked Mrs Chang to live with me and take care of me and she has been doing so ever since.

I've grown rather close to her since my dad I had grown distant after the incident. I don't blame him, I too changed but he did more than just change.

The sound of footsteps coming from the staircase draws my attention. I look towards the staircase seeing Lia coming down the stairs in my joggers and T-shirt as she looks around the living room in stupefaction, her gaze unintentionally meets mine and she looks away in embarrassment, her cheeks a shade of pink, although I do not know why she is embarrassed, not every one is privileged enough to have what I have.
I get up from my comfortable position on the couch and walk towards her.
"you must be hungry"
I say, leading her to the dining room. I pull out a chair for her and she mumbles,

'he's actually hospitable, and I was here thinking he never had enough brain cells for that'

She sat and I pushed her chair back in. I walked over and took a seat at the head.

"I'm hospitable at my will, not that I do not have enough brain cells for it"
I say in a cold tone masking off the anger I hid behind it.
Coming to the realization that I heard her, she nods nervously.

The maids walk in with trays of food in their hands and arranging it carefully on the dining room table. Mrs Chang walks in as soon as they leave and takes a seat, we begin to eat in silence.

Lia avoided every food on the table that concerned with the use of chopsticks and just stuck with slurping the soup.

Moments later, we are done eating and the maids come to clear the table, Mrs Chang wiggles her eyebrows at me and smiles, I take a moment to understand why until I remember that Lia is sitting at the table as well , I widen my eyes at Mrs Chang and shake my head abruptly signalling 'NO' to her far fetched thoughts.

I hear Lia muttering thank yous to the maids but I ignore her act of kind gesture seeing it as an act of weakness.

I explain to Lia how she got to my home and where her bag is kept.