18

I feel a presence standing beside me, my head still held in my hands, my eyes dart to the black clothes the person had on.

My nose is suddenly hit with a familiar scent and my eyes widen with realisation.

Hyun...

I look up at him, his gaze filled with hate as he stared at James who also stared back with the same amount of hate in his eyes.

The air became thick as their gazes fought in an intense battle of an unknown cause.
"hey.."
I say, breaking the tensile silence.
Both their gazes fall on me as I lock eyes with Hyun.

His gaze softens as he seemed to relax.
"hey Princess "
He says, flashing me a breathtaking smile.

As weird as him calling me princess is, the smile he gave just washed away every negative I have from that word.

Where did this behaviour come from, this dude never smiles, and now that he just did, I yearn to see it again...

I stare at him wide eyed and so he raises an eyebrow.
"you ok?"
He asks and I nod, not reducing the intensity of my stare.
Maybe he's just trying to help me, seeing as James is here. He may be trying to get James to back off.
"this seat taken?"
He asks, signalling to the huge space between me and James.
"n..no, have a seat"
I said, moving aside to he can sit in between I and James.
James stared at us, dumbfounded. But at that moment, i entirely forgot he was there.
Once seated. He drapes his big muscular arm over my shoulder and pulls me close. A sudden feeling of warmth envelopes me.
"if it's too much, tell me, okay princess?"
He whispers into my ear.

What the fuck is happening, yes he's explained the behavior but he's still calling me princess. I don't know whether to blush or tell him to stick the word up his ass.

I feel warmth on my cheeks and I have a gut feeling that I'm turning a lighter shads of pink. I look down at my lap trying to make sure he doesn't see my tinted cheeks.

I felt James's gaze on me through out the lecture.

Class is over, everyone's leaving the class and I follow suit. I felt extra awkward around Hyun during the class, I don't know if it's because of his new behaviour, the fact that he's calling me princess and how close he held me or what I told him last night and the fact that I don't like it when people take pity on me.

Normally I wouldn't eat in the cafeteria, Infact, I've never eaten in the cafeteria, it's either I'm in the library or the class. But today, well today, I'm kind of avoiding Hyun and I know he dosent come to the cafeteria.

I'm about to walk in when I suddenly feel a grip on my arm, I turn to identify but next thing I know I'm being pulled across the hallway.

I look up at the face and it's James.
"what the fuck James, let me go"
I say, immediately snatching my arm from his grip. We stood in an empty hallway.
"mind telling me what the fuck is going on between you and Mr rich guy"
He says, angrily. And only then could I see his face properly. He's red with anger, fuming even.
"mind leaving me the fuck alone"
I say, harshly. He laughs sarcastically and says
"and why the fuck would I do that, you're mine babe"
I'm taken aback by his words and I take an alarming step back.
"what is wrong with you James, you're the one who cheated on me, what in the world do you want from me now! "
I yell.
"you God damn it, I want you! "
He yells back.
He says, coming closer as he continues,
"i left Jiyun for you...she was fuckin time pass, and here I am, giving you a chance and and you're regecting me. Do you know how many girls would kill to spend a night with me? "
"unfortunately, I'm not one of those girls. And you say she's just time pass...time pass, wow you're truly a sick mother fucker, I never want you near me ever again"
I say, not able to hold back my anger anymore. I turn on my heel, about to walk away but he suddenly pulls me unto his chest roughly, caging me with his arms around my waist.

I try pushing him away but he's bigger and stronger. I try struggling but he only tightens his hold.
"what a sluty bitch you are, after taking enough money from me you decided to go for the billionaire right? You should be thankful I even picked interest in you"
He spat out harshly.
I stopped struggling at the realisation of his words. I felt my chest tighten and my knees wobble. He's right and at the same time he isn't .
Mr and Mrs Grey may not have been rich but they made sure I had a comfortable life. I wouldn't stoop so low as to date James because he's rich yet his words hurt.

My eyes began to burn, and a hot tear dropped on my cheek. His hold loosened and his gaze softened, he too must have realised what he had said.
"I....I....I'm sorry, I didn't...i didn't mean..-"
His rambling is cut off as he's immediately pushed way from me with so much force that it sends him stumbling.
I flinch in shock and my eyes dart towards his, he looks at me, the same shock evident in his eyes. His gaze switches to behind me and his jaw clenches.
I turn back only to be pulled into a hug, arms wrapping around my waist. His scent fills my nostrils and I visibly relax, yet I didn't respond to his hug.
"are you okay princess?"
He says, his deep voice, causing his chest to vibrate. As it is, I barely reach the top of his abs.
His question is answered as a whimper escapes my lips. Well I'm not okay, I'm hurt. Not physically but emotionally. He may suck shit but his words hurt deep.