15

I accelerate, getting closer. I park a few feet away from her and rush out of the car, running towards her.

She increases her pace.
"Lia! "
I yell, but she doesn't reply and starts running.

I run after her and grab her by her arm and pull her to my chest. She tries to break free from by grip but I circle my arms around her tiny waist firmly, too afraid to tighten because I fear her small form will break.

"calm down Lia "
I say in a soft tone.
She ignores my words and starts hitting my chest hard, trying to break free.

"let go of me you grumpy fucker"
She says, her voice, sounding broken.
I release my hold from her waist and grab both her arms.

"calm do-"
I say, suddenly cut off by the excruciating pain I felt as her knee hit my groin.
I let go of her hands, placing it over my groin and knotting my knees together.

"FUCK! "
I yell in pain.
She starts running fast as I take deep breaths, trying to ease the pain.

"Lia wait!"
I yell.
I start running after her. She ran fast but not far. I caught up to her quickly and pulled her by her arm and into my chest once again, our breathing, quick.

"let go of me or I'll kick your dick again! "
She spat out angrily.
Shaken by her statement, I loosen my grip on her arm.

"just listen"
I say, slowing down my breathing.
She exhales and looks up at me, her blue eyes sparkling in the moon's light and only then did I notice the tears on her cheeks.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, her scent calming my quick heartbeat. Her movement causes my eyes to snap open.

My arms were circled around her waist firmly and I don't even know when that happened.

I look into her eyes, the fear in them, nailing at my walls.

What the fuck is she doing to me...

"please, just let go of me"
She says, her voice more broken than before.

There's more to this...

And with that, I pick her up in my arms, bridal style. Too weak to object, she remains calm, I take her to my car and drive off.

Lia's POV

I stare down at my shaking hands, feeling Hyun's worried gaze on me momentarily as we drove to an unknown destination.

My uncle's angry voice ringing in head, Mr Jacob's indecent words planting seeds of fear in my soul.

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder, startled, I squeal.
"hey, calm down"
Hyun's voice eases.
I look towards the passenger side door and there he stood, a watchful expression on his face.

I must have been too lost in thought to notice he stopped the car, or that he even stepped out and opened the passenger's side...

He slowly takes my hand in his and helps me out.
We're at a stream, the grasses covered the ground and the trees were everywhere, the cool breeze, blowing away all my pain, the smell of nature filling my nostrils, the fireflies roaming around, the cricket noises. The rocks, stripping the water of its dirt as the the water flowed down each lump of a rock, the little pebbles at the bottom of the stream, the moon light reflecting on the flowing water.

"it's beautiful"
I say.
I look towards Hyun meeting his gaze instantly.
Finally I fell peace.
"are you okay?"
He asks, his tone softer than usual.
I nod and a strand of my hair falls on my face. I try using my hand to push it behind my ear but my hand was still in his, he looks down at our hands and I slowly retract my hand and look back at the scenery.

I slowly walk forward and sit on the grass, folding my legs and I feel Hyun's presence beside me.

"My mum used to bring me here"
He says, staring at the flowing water with an indescribable look on his face.
"it's my safe place, it always calms me, that's why I brought you here"
He says.
I look down at the grass, remembering what happened in his room. A flash of Mr Jacob's lustful face appears before my eyes, my bones stiffen at the thought of him.

An urge to tell Hyun about my past twists knots in my stomach, and without thinking, I do.