Chapter 23 || Panic Attack

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"What the hell is wrong with you, Hyung? This is the 7th time you have called. Don't you get it? I don't want to answer any calls right now." Jungkook said as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Jungkook, I have something really important to tell you. Please listen to me first."

"Hyung! Not. Right. Now." He growled.

"It's about JIMIN"

"WHA-"

CRASH

Suddenly, a loud screeching sound was heard on the other side of the phone, along with a striking sound similar to two vehicles crashing together.

"Hello?! Hello?! JUNGKOOK??!!" Yoongi shouted as the call got cut.

.

Beep......Beep.......Beep

Jungkook slowly blinked his eyes open.

Where am I? What happened?

His vision blurry as he looked around to understand what was happening. His mind suddenly got flooded with the memories of the car accident.

He was driving his car at high speed, and someone crashed into him.

He came out of his thoughts as his eyes fell upon Taehyung and Hobi, who were sleeping on the couch beside his hospital bed, their heads leaning against each other.

He wondered how much time had passed since he fell unconscious as he tried to sit up, but suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his body, making him stop mid-way and hiss loudly.

"Hey! Hey! Easy there"

He heard Namjoon's soft yet stern voice. He and Jin had just entered the room, at last, to see Jungkook finally awake. He placed the takeaways down to carefully situate Jungkook in the laying position.

"You must lay down, or your stitches will tear open."

A soft, warm hand caressed his forehead, "How are you? Are you feeling any pain? The doctors have given you anesthetic to lessen the pain."

Jungkook grunted a little and nodded his head hesitantly while softly holding his wound.

Their conversation stirred Taehyung up from his sleep, and he slowly opened his eyes to realize Jungkook had gained consciousness.

His sleepiness disappeared the next second, he quickly got on his feet and stumbled towards the latter.

"JUNGKOOKIEEEEE!!!—" He cried.

.

"It's okay, Jimin. Come on"

"Are you sure, Hyung? He looked very angry with me last time we met."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, hearing the same words since the moment he released jimin from the 'basement slash prison'.

"Oh please, min. You know he cannot stay mad at you for long. Now I even have proof that you are innocent so relax your tiny brain and let me drive peacefully."

He sneered. Jimin gave a playful glare at his remark, but it didn't last long; his brain was again flushed with insecure and negative thoughts.

Soon, they reached the hospital's parking lot where Jungkook was admitted.

"Hyung, why have you parked the car here?"

"Ah! I forgot to tell you this didn't I?" He sheepishly said while trying not to maintain the eye contact with the other as the latter looked at him suspiciously.