17 - water (part 1)

===CHAP 17 (part 1)

house of balloons/glass table girls - the weeknd
selfish - pnb rock (rip☹️☹️)

6:02 pm 

The scorching sun kisses my exposed skin, sparkling in the tiny water droplets that cling to me.

As I lay down, my hair cascades on my back, and at random places including the ground beneath me, my face peaking through the arms that support my head.

I open one eye to see Tom next to me, and he looks the best he ever has. His arms are flexed, jaw clenched yet he looks so relaxed, as his sunglasses rest on the end of his nose and his hair begins to fall into perfect place. Hes on the verge of being asleep, every few minutes being awoken by birds that fly above us, or a wave crashing in the distance.

I notice Tom opening his eyes, and I shut mine closed to avoid the embarrassment of him knowing I was watching him.

A few seconds go by, but the sound of Tom shifting provokes my curiosity and I can't help but peek, opening my eyes slightly.

I slightly jump to see Tom right in front of me, his gaze then meeting mine, and I can feel his breath quickening.

"I saw you staring," he whispers, being careful not to startle me by talking loudly.

Screwing my eyes shut once again, I feel my face begin to get hot.

He laughs quietly, pulling me in closer to him and wrapping one arm around my shoulders, his hand supporting my head while the other arm lays protectively around my back and waist.

"Where are the others?" I question softly, now opening my eyes fully.

He thinks for a moment, and I feel
him shrug against me,
"I've got no clue," he laughs, "Bills probably picking up some girls."

I roll my eyes, "not funny."

"It was a bit funny," he says, snickering quietly and kissing my forehead.

"I'm really happy we left that campsite early to come here," I smile at him, "thank you, Tom."

"You can thank me some other way," he says almost hesitatingly and wiggling his eyebrows, giving me a dumb look.

"Eww," I scoff, acting fake disgusted and getting up, "creep!"

He also gets up, pretending to be offended, "y/n! how dare you say such things?"

"You are a creep! creepy creeper!"

Tom holds his heart in hurt, pretending to fall to his knees and giving out a fake cry.

I giggle, going over to him and leaning my body against his, his head at the base of my stomach.

He looks up, smiling a silly smile, teeth all exposed and staring at me intently.

All I can do is smile back, not really having words to describe this moment. It's just pure bliss.

We're staying in a coastal town, all of us are now at the beach, enjoying each other's presence and just being as happy as we can be. My album dropped a few days ago, and yet I have no clue how people feel, and I'm honestly happy with that-who cares what they think, anyway? I'm going to enjoy the last day I have here before having to go back home, where the opinions of many people lie.

I do miss my cat, though. 

Arms excitedly land over my shoulders, and I jump in surprise.

"Hey guys! Where were you?"