7 - not so bad

—————————————-CHAP 7

Heavy is the head that falls with the weight of a thousand thoughts - Loathe
In the end - Linkin Park

Sunday, 9:21 am===
I slowly wake up, struggling to keep my eyes open and groaning at the feeling of sun burning against my eyelids. I shuffle in my bed for a moment, trying to gather the motivation to get up. Head pounding, I drag myself up and out of my bed, slowly processing my surroundings. Alyvia is dead asleep, softly snoring. Our room is slightly messy, clothes and makeup supplies scattered across the floor in various colours and shapes.

Sighing, I hop in the shower, letting the hot water hit my skin. I try remembering the night befores events, now feeling my headache worsening with time.

Concert, Georg and the others surprising me, the diner, meeting Val -

My eyes widen, realising what else happened that night.

That stupid situation with the waitress. What was he even doing? Was Bill right?

I shake my head, remembering Georg's words of Tom being a player. The way he looks at me though, it just feels unreal. Then again, how many other girls is he looking at like that?

I force myself to think of something else, when my mind goes to the recording tomorrow, fuck. Groaning almost too loudly, silently praying it'll wake Alyvia up so I don't have to. Wincing at the temperature difference from the hot shower into the cold air, I wrap myself up and go to wake up Alyvia.

Opening the bathroom door, I'm greeted by Alyvia, grinning ear-to-ear. Unfortunately, to my horror, she isn't the only one looking at me. Tom, Georg, Gustav, Bill and Val, who are standing together at the back, look shocked as they see me in nothing but a towel.

I shut the door as quickly as possible, shutting my eyes in embarrassment.

It's only 9 and I'm already hating today.

Quickly pulling on my pants and long sleeved shirt, then layering another shirt on top, I spray some perfume and put some products in my hair before leaving it to air dry. Sighing, I look at myself in the mirror before leaving the bathroom.

I avoid everyone's gaze until I'm met with Alyvia, who is smiling at me sheepishly.

"Bro why is the whole gang here ??" I whisper-yell, looking up at her.

"Uhh surprise lunch?" She can't contain her laughter at this point, putting an arm around my shoulder and facing me toward everyone. I awkwardly look up, explicitly avoiding looking at Tom and Georg. Bill just laughs, giving me a quick hug and reassuring me that it's fine.

I look behind Bills shoulder to see Tom, I can't tell what his facial expression is supposed to mean, but it's obviously good. I notice him examining my face, taking in my eyes, nose, lips, and my forehead, which had caused me to feel a little self conscious.

"Okay I'm ready, let's get going!" Alyvia calls out, instantly relieving me of the awkward small talk I had been having with the guys while Val laughed every now and then.

Standing, I hear shuffling right behind me and notice Tom.

"You're riding with me in my car,
y/n." He states matter-of-factly.

I can only nod, sending a quick glance to Alyvia and Val on my way out.

Tom has my hand intertwined with his, pulling me along with him to the car.

"Tom?" I mumble as we get in the elevator, pushing the big 'G'.

He hums in response, but looking at me almost desperately.

"Why did you want me to ride with you?"

He sighs, "I just wanted you to myself."

I feel my stomach whirling around, not at all expecting him to be so honest. I take in the view in front of me, a flustered Tom, hair out and wearing a big grey hoodie and jeans, he has bags under his eyes and his lips are slightly parted with a small gap being filled in by his silver lip piercing. There's no way I can deny knowing he likes me now, and honestly - maybe I like him too.

He notices me hesitating and before I know it, he kissed me. Not a long kiss, but short and passionate, almost as a gateway to more, like an okay.

This is so wrong, but fuck it.

I pull him back in, kissing him longer this time, filled with the release of pent-up frustration the past week, or who knows, maybe years of us knowing about each other.

The elevator ding brings us back, both of us slightly out of breath and at a loss for words. Walking out, he makes sure to have any physical contact with me, he can't be that bad considering how he's acting right now..

or is he?

===
SUPER SHORT but I promise that I'm writing another one as we speak ! (i also rushed a lot because there's heaps going on in my life, sorry if this chapter is disappointing 😭!!)