12 - caraphernelia

mascara - deftones
dai the flu - deftones

=== CHAP 12

10:16 pm

Opening my eyes to Tom, hair messy and eyes glossy, taking in deep breaths through his silly smile, I feel freed almost - feeling the past 12 hours of pent up tension released in the last few minutes.

I feel the vibrations of music through the car, giving small changes in Tom's expression every so often - his lip piercing rattling with each small boom in bass.

Within seconds, his hands fly to each side of my head, instantly tangling his fingers in my hair, pulling me back in - smashing his lips against mine once again.

For a split second, I think that he may just be going in for a quick kiss, but feeling his tongue slip between my lips washes away any rational thoughts and replaces them with pure instinct. Without thinking, I place my hands on his cheeks, cupping them and guiding his face closer to mine.

Being completely involved in the kiss, it takes me a minute to realise my phone ringing. Mixed with the heavy buzzing of the music playing, it takes the small breaks in the guitar sound to notice the quiet ringtone against the leather seats.

Barely breaking away from Tom, I briefly look at my phone to see who it is.

'georg:p '

shit.

I quickly pick up, fumbling with the buttons and catching my breath.

"Hello?" I mumble between deep breaths.

"hello? y/n?"

I hum in reply, waiting for his answer.

"Where are you guys? You should've been here 30 minutes ago"

"Oh! Well, we decided to stop-" I feel Tom's hands making way to my body, forcing me to suppress a small groan.

"y/n?"

"Oh! Right sorry- we decided to stop at a gas station about 10 minutes away," I reply shakily, giving Tom a warning look.

Georg starts to reply, but by now I'm in a trance of awe by the boy next to me, lightly tracing his fingers over my legs and waist.

"Mhm yes okay see you soon bye bye"

"Y/n! Wait-"

I hang up, throwing my phone into the back seat and immediately going back to finish what we had started.

I feel Tom's lips leave mine, and he carefully pulls me onto his lap, sliding his seat back all the way. i

Straddling his lap, I lean into him, using his body as a makeshift pillow. I sigh heavily, feeling the soft fabric of Tom's jumper on my face and exposed skin.

"You shouldn't have forgiven me this easily," Tom sighs.

"I'm still mad at you," I reply, smiling at him, "but I don't know, I feel like I'm not even allowed to be mad."

"Y/n, I promise you, it'll never happen again."

"But it's not like we're in a relationship, and we haven't exactly known each other for long," I say, sighing.

He chuckles slightly, shifting his position to reach for the phone which is leaned on the middle console.

I watch closely as Tom begins to delete a bunch of numbers, apps and photos.

"Tom? What are you doing?"

He turns his phone toward me, showing Mei's contact.

I give him a puzzled look, but feeling my chest tighten slightly.

"Mei is my ex, y/n."

I give an "oh" sound, staring at the contact, waiting for Tom to continue.

He breathes in, "I don't know why I slept with her, it was fucking stupid."

I nod, waiting for him to finish.

"I mean like - she had cheated on me! Then broken up with me for staying with my bandmate and his sister, I can't believe I'd even let myself do that, y/n," he says, dropping his phone and rubbing his eyes, a small sigh escaping his lips.

I pick up his phone, looking at Mei's name sprawled across the screen, giving me a bad feeling.

Tom then takes his phone back silently, tapping a few buttons and throwing his phone to the back seat.

I move back over to my seat, examining Tom's face. He's extra pale, yet red in the face and cheeks - giving a rosy and almost blush-like effect.

His eyes look tired, and his nose, forehead and mouth are all wrinkling into an unpleasant way and expression.

He then turns his head to face me, holding eye contact until I had eventually given up on the mini battle - which almost what seemed like dominance.

"Y/n, I think we should stop this."

===

Man authors block is so hard.