15i- linger

===CHAP 15 {part 1}
linger - the cranberries
scars - novulent

= =

"Holy shit it's cold"

"right?"

"Well maybe we should've set up the tents earlier"

"Shut up, Tom"

"Oh, y/n, aren't you kinda excited that your album drops while we're out here?"

"what?"

"well, surprise response and whatnot for when you get back"

"id rather not think about it, actually"

3:48 am

Cold wind blows what feels like right through me, goosebumps on my skin; a blanket of complete chill hanging around my body.

I flick through the pages of my book, mindlessly reading the words i've read so many times before.

My favourite book, one i've had for years.

I sigh, shutting the book closed and plopping it down next to me.

"y/n?"

I jump, turning to see Bill behind me.

"Oh! Bill, hi" I breathe out, "you really need to stop scaring me," now easing up and turning back around.

"what's up?"

"Um?"

= =

"Are you kidding?"

The group stare back at me,

"I'm sorry, y/n, this is what we've decided," Gustav replied, looking over at Tom, and our soon to be shared tent.

Tom scoffs, walking away with Bill and quietly berating him.

"Man I can't sleep in the same tent as him, can't we switch Georg?" I say, pleading with my smug brother.

"No can do, sorry y/n."

"For fuck sake"

= =

"Just not looking forward to my sleeping situation, Bill."

He nods, "well, it might help you two."

I snort, "Tom? No way."

"Get to sleep, we've gotta be up early tomorrow," he says, poking his tongue out at me slightly and walking back to his tent.

I groan; packing up my things and trying to be quiet as I drag my steps over to my tent, an undesirable sleeping situation waiting for me inside.

The tent looks big from the outside, but it's small inside, every small compartment adding a sense of claustrophobia every time I've set foot in it growing up.

Tracing along the line of the entrance, I silently find the zipper.

I quietly try to open the zip, getting halfway before it comes to a stop.

Trying it again a few times, I realise it's not budging.

"Shit shit shit."

Not wanting to wake Tom up, I quickly give up after a few half-assed tries.

It might also be an excuse to not go in.

In defeat, I hug my knees to my chest, shivering.

Suddenly, I hear shuffling and the tent zips open, revealing a tired Tom, wearing a big hoodie and sweats, dreads in a makeshift bun.

"y/n? why are you out here?" he questions, half asleep and groggy.

I mutter something before getting up and hesitantly climbing in, being cautious to not get any dirt or debris from my shoes inside the somewhat clean tent, plopping down on my butt.

I start taking my shoes off, sitting half in the tent with my legs exposed to the outside, my legs shivering slightly at the breeze and instantly feeling goosebumps once again.

I can feel Tom staring.

what are you thinking, Tom?

Quickly and slightly awkwardly, I zip the tent closed, simultaneously pulling my legs in.

It's warm.

"You did a nice job in here," I chuckle, admiring the fairy lights, dancing around the seams, plugged into a huge portable charger.

He nods, putting an earbud in and turning over.

I get under the blankets, shifting for a while seemingly getting nowhere with trying to get comfortable.

All I can think of is Tom.

How did we end up in this situation?

I haven't even known him properly for more than a month, and in that time we've done so much.

I just wish we hadn't started any of this in the first place, maybe he should've listened to his girlfriend about staying somewhere else.

Would probably be better if we had never met at all.

I get the chills, and finally roll over to try and get some sleep.

==