Thirty-One.

Dabin skidded down the stairs happily. Reaching the dining room, she spotted Minho placing the breakfast down the table. It was a scene she loved and adored. It warmed her insides how much effort he was putting into this. That scene ahead of her was something like science fiction to other Royals. No one would ever believe that this prince was actually the one who cooked and served that meal. Dabin liked how life was simple inside the walls of that private palace. She liked how it looked normal without any fanciness, royalness, or any fake emotions and attitudes.

It made her think for a second, what would it be like if she was never a royal? What if she decides to give up on the vague title? What if she becomes a commoner and just lives a happy simple life with her future husband?

"Hey," Minho called. "You are spacing out. What have you been thinking?" He called once he spotted her by the entrance of the room.

"Nothing." She smiled gently and walked towards him. Dabin stood behind him as he was still organizing the plates on the table. She wrapped her arms around his torso from behind and rested her side face on his back.

Minho was startled. Princess Dabin was never the one initiating any contact. It was always Minho hugging or kissing her and she would shyly follow his lead. But right then, she was back hugging him out of nowhere. Minho placed the plate in his hands on the table and wrapped his arms around hers that were clutching his waist. He relaxed as he breathed in, inhaling her freshly showered scent that smelled like his own since she used his products.

"What do I owe this honor to?" He joked.

"Just felt like hugging my man." She talked against his back. "Is there a problem with that?"

Minho was melting. "Absolutely not, Your Highness." He turned around to finally face her and pulled her flush against him, wrapping her in his arms as she did the same. "This man, your man, is in your service whenever you please."

"Likewise." She smiled at him.

"May our princess let go of me so we can have our breakfast?" He questioned.

"Sure."

Dabin untangled herself from him and stood back. As a gentleman as he is, he pulled her seat for her and sat her down before taking a seat on the other side of the table. The breakfast was served and as always, it was hell-delicious.

As they were almost done with their meal, Dabin remembered the reason she was there.

"You told me you had something for me yesterday." She talked. "What was it?"

"Uh!" Minho's face lightened up. He forgot he told her that before she came to his palace. He had something for her. Two, to be specific. Minho stood up and ran outside the dining room before coming with the same radiant smile on his face. Instead of sitting in his previous spot, he went straight to the seat beside Dabin.

"I should've been the one who came to you, but you know we get no privacy in your place. So, I called you over for this." Minho grabbed her hand and held it gently. "I know that it was all rushed from the beginning, and when I officially asked for your hand in marriage, it was something I decided on my own." He chuckled nervously. "I knew we were on the same page, but still, I missed doing it in a proper way." He gave her an apologetic smile at which she shook her head, assuring him it was okay. "We didn't even have an engagement party and I feel like I'm taking this marriage, you, for granted when I had to be putting more effort into it."

"Hey," Dabin cupped his face and inched closer. "You are putting in all the needed effort. You are changing, you are challenging yourself, you are trying your best for me. I don't need anything else. I would've never dreamed of having a man like you in my life."

He smiled and pulled her two hands that cupped his face to his lips, planting kisses on her palms before putting them down. "But that doesn't mean we can just get married without a proper proposal." He said and pulled a small blue velvet box from his pocket. He placed it on the table in front of her and opened it.

Dabin gasped when she saw the ring. A breathtakingly beautiful diamond ring. A unique one that she had never seen anything like. Mostly, diamond rings come in regular shapes either they were rounded, rectangular, or even hexagonal, but that ring was nothing like that.

It was star-shaped.

A beautifully carved star out of the precious stone that stood out.

"I realized I was stupid for not asking you first and putting a ring on your beautiful finger earlier." He talked nervously. "It took some time to have this ring but I guess it was worth it. It turned out to be just like how I wanted it." He looked at Dabin lovingly as she was starting to tear up. "A bright star just like you. A precious one. The most beautiful in the night sky. My star that I promise to love and cherish for all of my life." He held her left hand up. "So, am I allowed to put that ring on you and make you mine for as long as we live?"

Dabin was speechless. That man who saw himself lacking, was nothing but a perfect loving man. That prince hadn't to be from the royal family to be a prince. Even without a title or a crown, he would've made a perfect prince. How could she say no to him?

"Yes," She finally replied with a very wide smile and brimming tears that threatened to fall. "As always, it's a yes to whatever you say."

Breathing in and pushing away the nervousness, Minho pulled the ring out of the box and so softly, slipped it on her ring finger. He then pulled that hand and kissed it, sealing his promise of cherishing her.

"I love you." Dabin whispered.

"I love you even more." He replied. "There is one more thing."

"What?" Dabin questioned. "I think this is enough for now. My heart won't be able to take any more surprises." She chuckled.

"Hmm." Minho hummed playfully. "It was a surprise I've been preparing for some time now. But it will need some more time to be completed and ready anyway. So, I might leave it for now and spare it for another time when I really want to impress you."

Dabin giggled. "But you always impress me."

Minho wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off her seat, placing her in his lap. Dabin yelped but started giggling out loud as she rested her back against his chest and dropped her head back down on his shoulder.

"You will really love this surprise. It's something you liked and wished to have." He whispered.

"Something I liked and wished to have? Other than you?" She teased.

"You already have me." He back hugged her tighter.

"Ugh!" Dabin groaned. "I don't want to leave." She sulked.

"Easy." Minho chuckled devilishly. "I'm sure I can talk to Changbin again." He said and pulled out his phone.

"Don't you dare!" She gasped while still giggling and tried to snatch his phone out of his hands to stop him from calling her brother.

The dining room was filled with giggles as the soon-to-be-married couple started chasing each other. Minho wants to call Changbin to keep Dabin for more. Dabin wants to stay but doesn't need to embarrass herself for more.

That was what Dabin had always dreamed of. A carefree life with someone she truly loved with all of her heart.

And finally, Dabin was one step away from what she dreamed of.