Twenty-Four.

"So, Prince Minho," King Hyunbin talked. "To what do we owe this precious sudden visit?" He asked with a not-so-nice tone.

The whole family was seated in the meeting room, minus Dabin who was a jello in her room. Just after their talk, Changbin came saying that Minho couldn't stay in her wing for longer. They had to say goodbye, but Minho promised it was only briefly and he would come back very soon. Entering the meeting room again, he found the whole family looking at him weirdly.

"I just wanted to check on Princes Dabin after she fainted last night." Minho replied.

"You could've called." Rubin said from between her gritted teeth.

"Princess Rubin!" Her mother glared at her.

"What?" She shrugged. "It's common knowledge that no one could come to the Royal Palace unannounced before, even if it was a Royal Prince! He just walked in without informing us beforehand."

Changbin wasn't sure if Rubin was jealous or if she was angry because she had no time to put on her black wig and cover her tattoos before meeting Minho.

"I apologize for my inconsideration," Minho said politely and bowed down. "But I don't trust formal and official replies. I had to see her with my own eyes to make sure she was fine. I didn't mean anything inappropriate."

"And do you realize that following her to her chambers is inappropriate?" Prince Woobin questioned. "What would you be doing there?"

"With all respect, Your Highness," Minho looked at him straight with his usual innocent look. "If you were curious, you could've followed us."

Changbin bit back his chuckle cause he didn't want to be roasted by his mother later but he was cheering for his friend internally.

Princess Eunbin cleared her throat. "Prince Lee," She smiled at him. At least she was decent. "Excuse us, but we all were present at the event yesterday and some actions appeared to be quite confusing for all of us. We are not trying to be rude, but we need an explanation."

"You may ask whatever you are curious about, Your Royal Highness." Minho was more polite to Eunbin than he was to the king, making Rubin scoff and Changbin chuckle.

"First, I understand that again Dabin did something very inconsiderate and decisive by wearing a color against the dress code." Princess Eunbin started.

"She didn't, Your Highness." Minho cut her. "She was following the dress code set for her."

"What do you mean?" The Former Queen asked.

"Actually," Changbin straightened up and looked at his friend who was seated by his right before looking at his mother. "Dabin received a separate invitation with a specific dress code for only her. So, she didn't break any rules this time."

"You made a special dress code for her?" Rubin almost screamed. "With a separate invitation?"

"Not only that," Changbin was so very keen on making his older sister go nuts. "Her dress was actually a gift from Prince Minho."

Slamming his hand over the armrest of his seat, King Hyunbin talked. "This is extremely inappropriate!"

"I chose it." Changbin deadpanned, silencing his eldest brother and king.

"If you were aware of all of that, why didn't you inform us?" Prince Woobin asked Changbin.

"Sorry, but since when were you interested in Dabin's business?" Changbin backfired. "Do you even know how old she is?"

"Prince Changbin!" His mother glared, silencing him. She put on her fake smile and looked at Minho. "May I ask you what's the meaning of all of that? The ball, the dress, the dance, and even you coming here today yourself."

"I'm sure it's obvious, Your Royal Majesty," Minho said with a straight face. "I'm trying to court your daughter."

That was when Changbin choked out on his saliva and then started laughing out loud. His friend really didn't know when to stop or how to get shy in situations like this. The words he used were quite impactful that even Eunbin cracked and Rubin almost fainted.

The Former Queen flinched but regained her composure quickly. "Prince Lee, I find your words incompetent of our social standards."

"Should I rephrase my words?" Minho questioned and Changbin tried to stop him cause he knew his friend was really about to rephrase. "I'm trying to woo your daughter."

The Former Queen tried to keep the fake smile. "That's not what I meant, Prince Lee."

"Then what is it? Do you want us to go the formal way?" Minho questioned. "I don't like formalities but I'll do as you wish if that will grant me your acceptance." Minho breathed in. "I will send an official letter."

"Letter of what?" King Hyunbin asked.

"A proposal letter," Minho replied and the whole room fell silent including Changbin.

"P-Proposal Le-Letter?" Rubin stuttered. "As in asking her hand in marriage?"

Minho nodded firmly. "That's what I intended to do from the beginning and I will be the happiest man ever if His Royal Majesty," He looked at King Hyunbin. "made my wish granted to be the loyal spouse of Princess Dabin."

"Are you kidding me?" Rubin was fed up. She screamed and stood to her feet. "Why? Why her? What's so damn good about her?"

"RUBIN!" That yell came from Hyunbin this time. "You don't act that way in the presence of His Royal Highness."

"Because it's been her from the moment my eyes fell on her," Minho answered Rubin's question sincerely. "Excuse my language and my choice of words, but I fell for Princess Dabin even before knowing who she was. I saw her that night, walking into the Royal Ballroom of The Bang Kingdom, and I immediately knew it was her. I envied King Christopher for stealing her first and only dance for the night. I envied Sir Felix for talking to her freely. I wished I could be in their shoes." He smiled to himself, lovestruck. "I didn't know if I would ever have a chance with her. But then, two months later, when I lost hope of ever meeting her again, I saw her running up the corridor of the culture center. And that's when I knew that I still had a chance."

He paused to look at all of them, assessing their reactions. Rubin was looking at him with such rage. Eunbin had softened a little, very little. The Former Queen had a smirk. She saw an opportunity that she never planned or thought of. Prince Woobin and King Hyunbin looked indifferent, not understanding the type of feelings Minho was talking about since one of them got involved in an arranged marriage twenty years ago, while the other was still single although he was past forty.

And then, there was Changbin who looked like he was about to cry out ugly and hold Minho in a tight hug while sobbing.

Minho knew better. Dabin wasn't the only one who did her research about him. He did the same too the first night he saw her. It didn't make any sense how he never noticed such a beauty before. But while searching, he could understand. She was a forgotten princess. An ugly duckling just like him. He never thought of that since Changbin always talked about her. Minho thought she was a loved child. And she was, but only by Changbin.

"The more I got to know her while working together," Minho resumed. "The more I fell deeper for her charms, kind heart, lovely personality, care, and support. She's not just a beauty, she's a perfect human being." Minho straightened up and looked at them one by one all seriously. "If you allow me, I would like to have her by my side for the rest of my life. I want her with me if I ever make it to rule my land. I want her to be my support and to be hers. And if I ever to be blessed by children, I want them to be hers. So, I officially ask for Her Royal Highness, Princess Seo Dabin's hand in marriage."