One.

Spacing out, she looked through the window she was seated by. Crumbled on her loveseat with a book held lazily in her hands, she found the outside scenery of the setting sun more interesting than the plot of the lame book she was reading just because there would be a discussion about it in the next book club gathering.

A soft knock on the door grabbed her attention. The door swung open, revealing her closest and favorite sibling, her older brother. He stood there with a smile and crossed arms over his buff chest as he leaned against the door frame, watching his beautiful little sister turn to face him.

"A new book?" He questioned.

"A boring one." She huffed and put the book down. "What brings you here?"

The very well-built buff boy, with a slightly scary scowl, yet the kindest smile, walked into the room and closer to her. "A ball." He smiled at her. "You were invited to the Royal Ball."

The girl almost scoffed. "I don't get invited to those events, Changbin."

"You were invited this time, Dabin." He smirked. "Besides, the newly crowned King is my friend. So, the invitation included the whole family."

Dabin's face lightened up with excitement. "Are you sure I'm allowed to attend?"

"Pretty sure."

"Does the Queen know of my possible attendance?" Dabin asked.

"She had received the Royal Invitation with a big fat 'THE WHOLE ROYAL FAMILY OF SEO KINGDOM' written in it. If she doesn't know, well, it sounds like a 'her' problem." Changbin shrugged.

Dabin crawled to the edge of her loveseat. The excitement was obvious on her sparkling face. Although she looked so beautiful at that moment, it pained Changbin's heart to see her getting so worked up about something so simple as attending a royal event. It was something she had been deprived of for the twenty-four years of her life.

Dabin was so beautiful. The most beautiful in Changbin's siblings who almost didn't look like them. But that wasn't the reason she was left out. The only similarity she had with her family was the very dark thick black hair that wasn't to be mistaken in the whole kingdom. Other than that, she was different. Her siblings all had fierce and sharp features, while she had soft ones. Her siblings all were known to be short, but she grew up to be tall compared to other girls. She also looked more delicate compared to her sisters. Her body was effortlessly fit, and that was one of the many reasons her sisters envied her.

Dabin didn't need to declare she was a Seo, or even to put on her tiara to be recognized as the Last Princess of the Seo Royal Family. She might walk barefooted on streets, wearing shreds of clothes, and still, people would think she was a princess.

"What kind of ball is this one?" Dabin asked.

"Hmm," Changbin hummed. "You can call it an after-coronation party."

Dabin's face scrunched. "But the new King of the Bang Kingdom was coronated two months ago."

"Yeah, it's a closed ball for the close and trusted families from the four kingdoms." Changbin elaborated.

Dabin huffed and sat back on her heels, feeling disappointed. Although she was not an active princess, she knew the basics. And she knew what that ball was for. "He's looking for a wife, right?"

Changbin chuckled. "Smart as ever." He tucked his hands into his pockets. "Chris needs a queen by his side, in order to be more trusted. Kings without spouses and heirs or successors are easy to drift and hard to gain respect and trust. You know that."

"I know." She sighed. She wasn't excited about that ball anymore. It was an event for all the girls from the royal and noble families in the four kingdoms to attend, so the new King could pick a girl. Lucky the one he would choose to dance with. "White then? The dress code."

"No! Hmm, blue." Changbin uttered.

"What? Blue?" Dabin was confused. "Those balls are always white-themed!"

"I think the King can set the standards he wants." Changbin shrugged. "Whatever. I'll send the staff to help you get dressed. We'll be leaving at seven."

"What about the Queen and the others?" Dabin asked.

Changbin rolled his eyes at how she chose to address their mother, the former Queen of Seo Kingdom. "Mother and the others will go separately since they will be attending a different event with the elders at the Bang Kingdom in a different venue." He cocked an eyebrow at her. "You have blue gowns, right?"

"I do have a couple of new ones."

"Perfect!" Changbin clapped his hands and smiled at her. "Make sure you put on your tiara." He winked at his sister and then walked away to leave her to get ready.

A Royal Ball.

That is going to be a first.