Babysitter //1

Demi's POV

There's nothing more heartbreaking than a broken heart. That's what I've learned throughout this whole experience. I'm yet to finalized the divorce between Wilmer and myself. It's a saddening thought, but we just grew apart. I never thought the day would come that I would have to stand in front of a judge and justify why I deserve full custody of our daughter, Cassidy. Wilmer was understanding, and gave up. He said a child should grow up knowing a mothers love. He sees her every 3rd weekend and holidays.

Cassidy and I are now on our daily walk to the park and back. She keeps getting distracted by every cute little thing she sees, but then again she is only 3 years old. I get torn from my thoughts when Cassidy says something. "Mommy! Mommy! Ice cream? Pweas?" Well who am I to deny my daughters sweet tooth? We walk over to the ice cream truck and fall in the line, waiting for the people I front of us to receive their order. After they left, we walked up to the truck and looked at the choices they had. "Good afternoon miss and little miss. What can I get you two beautiful ladies?" A sweet voice said. I looked up and saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I say girl because she isn't my age, which is 26. She looks younger. She looks around around 18. "I'll have a choco-berry vanilla bowl please. What do you want sweety?" My daughter puts on a thinking face. "Choco-bewwy vamiwa bowl." Ok. I wonder where she got that from... I guess being around two actors her whole life affected her...

On our walk back home, I couldn't get the girl we met at the ice cream truck off of my mind. She was extremely beautiful. She had a sweet voice, flowing (y/colour/hair) that reached her shoulders, a great figure, nice eyes, and not to mention her lips... She was intoxicating. We arrived home. We walked in and Cassidy went straight to the T.V and put it on. I smiled, thinking of how Wilmer used to do the exact same. She was a lot like him, but looked more like me. I decided to make dinner; Mac n' Cheese, Cassidy's favorite. I had just put in in the oven when the doorbell rang. Placing the oven mitts on the counter top, I walked to the door with Cassidy trailing behind me like a tail.

I opened the door to see 6 people standing there. A woman, slightly older than me, smiled and introduced herself and the people behind her. "Hello there neighbor! I'm (y/mom/n) and this my family. This is my husband (y/dad/n), my youngest Georgina, my second youngest Nate, my second oldest Sarah-Lee and my oldest (y/n). And we're the (y/last/n)'s! Welcome to the neighborhood!" I smiled, but my grin widened when I saw the girl from the ice cream truck. She lived next door to us? Wow. "Hi there. I'm Demi and this is my oldest and youngest, Cassidy. And thank you so much for such a warm welcome!" I said, offering that they come in.

They've been here for about 2 hours now and I've gotten to know the parent quite well. I mentioned my divorce to them and I said I have a court appearance tomorrow and I have no where to leave Cassidy. "Well, why doesn't (y/n) watch her? She's great with kids and she seems to like young Cassidy so much." (y/mom/n) offers. I look over and see (y/n) playing with her. I smile. "Yes. That would be great, thanks."

They all began to leave. All except (y/n). She's staying behind so that I can explain to her how this will work. She came waddling into the kitchen where I was with Cassidy on her back, grunting. "Oh, I'm dying. Dear princess, please save me. I beg of you, good princess, please save me!" She said, being over dramatic. Cassidy giggles, jumping off her back and rushing into the pantry, only to appear seconds later with a chocolate bar in her hands. She handed it to (y/n). "Here. Now eat it!" She said and pushed (y/n) into the lounge, only to scream seconds later. (y/n) came walking in carrying her in her arms bridal style. She put her in the counter top, peeled the wrapper off of the chocolate bar and gave it to Cassidy. I smiled. She's so good with her.

"So, I'm leaving around 7:30 tomorrow morning. It'll be great if you could be here by 7:00 if that's ok with you?" She nodded. I showed her around the house and said anything she needs while taking care of Cassidy she can take. "So, what time do you think you'll be back?" She asked as we enter the kitchen once more. "Around 5:00. It's a long drive from here to New York." She nodded again, this time taking a step towards me. "So, thanks for trusting me with your little bundle of joy. It means a lot." She said, taking another rather large step towards me. I gulped, never having been this close to a girl who I didn't know since my younger days. She smiled, leaning in to hug me. I excepted the hug, bringing her into me. She smelled of coconut and almonds. I don't really like coconut, but on her, I would like anything.

As we pull apart, your cheeks brush. She flinches, but does the pull away. Our heads turn to face each other, her eye wandering to my lips as mine do the same. We lean in, and just as we were about to kiss, we hear a small cry coming from the lounge where Cassidy had fallen asleep. We both rush in, only to find her asleep again on the floor. My guess is she fell off but didn't wake up. (y/n) picks her up and carries her to her room, placing her carefully in bed before walking out and closing the door behind her. She walks to me, hugs me once more before doing something unexpected. She kissed me full on the lips, not letting me respond before breaking away and rushing down the stairs, shutting the door behind her. She tasted of cherry. But I'm basically her boss, so that makes it weird. What now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. There will be a part 2 for this one.

My exams end today! Yes!

Will update when I get the chance.

-FlyAwayWithMe_24