Shouldn't Come Back //2

Your POV

I have no idea why I did that. I decided to go talk things over with Demi, to see if there was still any feelings there. I can't take life without her anymore. I need her touch, her kisses, her arms wrapped around me as I sleep. I need her. I didn't think my plan through, I just got in my car and set off to our old apartment. I knew she still lived there since it was hers before we even started dating.

I set off, not thinking of the consequences of my actions or if I make a fool out of myself or not. Which I ended up doing. I knocked on the door, waiting for the door to open. Then I heard her yell: "I'll get it babe!" As soon as I heard that, I turned around, making my way back to my car as fast as I could. I heard the heavy wooden door swing open, then a gasp. Shit. She saw me.

"(y/n)?!" I heard her yell. But I didn't turn around, I just kept on walking towards my blue BMW that Demi and my parents had bought me for my birthday 2 years ago. "(y/n)! Wait!" She yelled, this time much closer to me than she was before. She was catching up to me. I walked faster, finally making it to my car. But she had caught up to me. She grabbed my arm and lightly shoved me against the car door. I yelped in surprise, making her giggle. Oh how I missed that giggle of hers.

"What're you doing here (y/nick/n)." My eyes widened when she called you that. That nickname was one she came up with on our second date. She said it suited my personality better than my own name. I smiled at the memory. I then remembered our position. I pushed her off me, and stood next to her. "I, uh- well. I wanted to come talk to you. But seeing as you've moved on, I don't really see what I was going to say would change anything." I said and moved my hand to the handle of the door, but I was stopped as soon as I was about to open the door. She looked at me with hurt and regret in her eyes. "Look, (y/n), I didn't move on. I'm still very much stuck on you. But I've found someone who makes me happy. Not the way you did, but I figured that you weren't coming back, so I settled for the next best thing." My heart ached.

"Who exactly is this 'next best thing'?" I asked, hoping it wasn't who I think it is. She looked away and sighed. That's when I knew who it was. "Nick. He was there for me when you left. He made me feel loved again. I was so heartbroken when you left me (y/n), I couldn't take it. He took me in, made me feel loved." I closed my eyes, trying to break the image of them making love. "So he fucked you and you fell right into his arms? Typical." I mumbled the last word. Her head shot up, a hurt expression playing on her beautiful face.

She shook her head frantically. "No. He held me when I needed someone. I wanted you, but he was all I had at the time." I sighed, opening the car door behind me. "And now he's your everything. I get it. I'm not welcome here anymore. I'll go." I said fighting tears. She began tearing up and shaking here head. I heard her mumble the words 'You're my everything' under her breath, but didn't think too much of it. I fought off her arms trying to wrap themselves around me as I got into the car. Closing the door, I saw she was full on crying now. And so was I. But regardless, I started the car and drove off, leaving her all alone in the street.

*4 hours later*

I was sitting on my couch watching 'The Fault in Our Stars', one of her favorite movies. I sighed, whipping the tears away that had begun to fall. I remembered the happenings of earlier today. I remember looking in the rear view mirror and seeing her fall on to the road as she cried. It broke my heart. I didn't know why I just walked away, I mean maybe I shouldn't stayed. I replayed what she said my mind over and over again. "I was so heartbroken when you left, (y/n)..." It echoed in my mind. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to see her. I threw on my shoes and raced out the door.

I arrive at her apartment 30 minutes later and rush in, not even bothering to knock. Nick was nowhere to be seen, but I didn't really bother to look around for him. I see the bedroom door half open and I rush in, almost falling over my own two feet. I see her sitting on the floor, surrounded by our old pictures. She looks up and sees me, surprise evident on her beautiful face.

"What are you doing here (y/n)? I thought you said you weren't welcome here?" She said coldly. I looked down, staring at the floor. "I was an idiot. I shouldn't have left earlier. I shouldn't have left at all. Demi I love you." She studies me and then quickly jumps into my arms. I giggled as she let go, taking her beautiful face in my hands and kissing her. Oh. My. Gosh. How I missed those plump lips of hers. The kiss was sweet and gentle, as if she was scared she would scare me off if she depended it.

I broke the kiss and starred at her. "Listen Dems. I'm sorry. I should have given you time to explain. I was being a moody bitch and I'm so so so so sorry!" She giggled, taking my face in her hands and kissing me quickly. "I forgive you baby. Just as long as you never leave me again?" You nod frantically and kiss her again, never wanting to let her go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Hope this one was ok.

Will update when I get the chance.

Xoxo

-FlyAwayWithMe_24